Friday, June 23, 2006

They are watching you

I barely slept last night, went to bed quite late (listening to the police radio!) and then had a bad dream. I always pay attention to my dreams but every once in a while they come to the forefront, like lately.

I had just gone to sleep when the dream started and went on as a happy, normal dream. Suddenly I was knocked down, paralyzed and a giant creature of some sort was breathing right into my face! The creature was large and roundish and black, it had no body, only a giant floating head. Yikes! I woke up in a start and couldn't go back to sleep until 2:00--and I get up up 5:00. Come to think of it, the creature was sort of like a giant spider. I'm not afraid of spiders but that was an unnerving dream!

I very seldom have nightmares, but maybe listening to the police radio did it, ha ha. There was some dramatic stuff, a six year old girl lost down on the land strip by the big lake. A "little blonde girl in a pink bathing suit." They called out firefighters, police and volunteers to search for her on residential part and on the beach. They even called out the Coast Guard to search the water, that would have been such a sad ending. They did find her after dark, hiding in the dunes and grass along the beach.

There was also a lot of drunkenness and rowdiness, fights, domestics and a call for a chaplain on the police radio. I don't know what the last one was about because it was in code. I'm thinking it might have been a suicide, so sad. But usually they broadcast a threat of suicide and the police and firefighters go to try to save the person (and protect others). But maybe this one was already a done deal.

Besides all of the above horrible things, people also call the police about some really trivial things. Of course I don't know the whole story and it could be more serious than what it sounds. People call the police for a car circling the block, which could be a bad thing--or just a person looking for parking! Police get called for "suspicious person" in a parking lot, tailgaters, speeders, barking dogs, kids in the yard, and all sorts of not-as-serious stuff.

Listening to the police radio has made me think, though. Eyes are everywhere, watching and just waiting to report you to the police for some minor or even imaginary infraction! Happy Friday and be careful out there!

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

LOL, i must admit, i am "those eyes"! I watch everyone in my street, i'm so suspicous of some of their activities!!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

I just muddle along in my life and wait for police to show up and get me.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

What an odd dream.
When I was a kid we knew all our neighbors and actually talked to them.
Now people just stare out their windows..

9:14 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It does seem as though people are really uptight and suspicious these days.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

That is a crazy dream!! Hope you have a great weekend!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Have a good weekend, PB. And sweet dreams!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I suppose it's not such a bad thing that people are watching in that way. At least you know that someone somewhere maybe be watching over you...in a good sense I mean.

I'm not keen on spiders but can cope with them...having one that 'in my face' would definitely freak me out though (if that's what it was lol)

9:05 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

After living where I did for the past thirty some years where crime has always been a part of life, and rising, I have a tendency to be suspicious, but I don't all the police for all those little things.

People who call about stupid things are just wasting tax dollars and resources better spent on the real crimes. A barking dog is nonsense. Sheesh.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home