Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Life in a File Folder

Yesterday was such a busy hectic day at work, hope today will be better. Among the meetings, and mailings and big must-do-it-right-now projects I also had the mortgage banker calling and asking for this and that. They are going to have my entire life in one of their file folders! I've never had to supply so much information for any loan before.

I did find out the exact time and location of the closing, 2:00 on Friday afternoon. On Friday morning the banker will call me and give me the exact amount needed for the closing. I'll hurry across the bridge to my bank and get a cashier's check. I kind of like that last minute drama, it makes the transaction seem like the huge, life-changing interaction that it really is!

Thanks for the support yesterday about the friend issue. It's painful to lose a friend, especially a best friend of many years standing. But I'm feeling better (not feeling guilty that I didn't do my utmost best anymore) and sometimes people just go in different directions.

I did go to SLA's grandson's first birthday party last week. It was a BBQ and I was invited at the very last moment and had to pick up a gift downtown after work. The park was two blocks away from my new house. I did mention the house in what I thought was a tactful manner but nobody was that interested. SLA's family live next to the park and I'll be fairly near them. They were, however, interested in renting my apartment. So I gave them the landlady's phone numbers to call. I don't know if they did or not.

Last night I came home to son and new girlfriend on the living room couch. He had the day off and knows my schedule but must have gotten preoccupied, ha ha! I'd heard a lot about her but hadn't met her before. She is cute and very nice, easy to be around. And I've seen three tattoos on her so far. I like tattoos but would probably never get one myself. He made us all a pizza for dinner while I made three batches of iced carmel lattes. They watched a movie while I read the 11th Janet Evanovich book from the library. I told him that she fits in well with our family. I don't know if that's a compliment or not!

Have a great day!

5 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

Oh, I bet you are excited about the house. Soon it will be all yours.

It's always a bit scary and interesting to meet children's boyfriends/girlfriends. You never know what they are going to bring home to meet mom. But it sounds like she is a nice girl.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

How exciting and scary with what's happening with the mortgage banker and the house! Good luck to you on that.

It sounds to me like SLA has taken the 'easy' road. She doesn't seem to want to work at all, just sponge off friends and other hard working people's taxes. Might sound harsh but she doesn't appear to be trying to do anything to change her current status at all. I think you're better off stepping back the way you have...I doubt there's much more you can do to try making her see what she's doing to herself.

23 years is a long time to thow away a friendship...her loss.

1:54 PM  
Blogger katie said...

I have never attempted a mortgage, but it sounds like a pretty scary process. I would hate to see what my financial folder would look like, probably pretty sparce!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I'm excited that you are getting the house. For some unknown reason. It must be the way you write about it..

8:37 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

i always think that the girlfriends and boyfriends of my kids are smart and discerning.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home