Saturday, July 29, 2006

Anyway

I ran into this while searching for something on the Web:

People are often unreasonable, illogical, & self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, People may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight:
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.


- Mother Theresa


Wow, I have to try to remember that!

8 Comments:

Blogger Walker said...

Very nice post.
I do my best in life :)
Umm I was wondering about that last line.
You see I live up here in Canada and its kinda cold alot of the time so um, in the end could I have my last meeting with the Devil.
I could use a little warmth LOL

Enjpy the weekend

12:24 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I loved this post PBS i'm actually surprised it came from Mother Theresa (not a fan of hers). I try to go by some of those as best i can. Happy weekend :o)

3:01 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

I'm with Michelle...not a fan of the T. She had her ways and motives and things aren't always what they seem. But...other than that...there were some really good things to go by. Hope you are resting up for your up-coming week at work and the stooges you have to work with.

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is excellent & well worth remembering.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

That's a keeper..Thanx for posting.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

just got caught up---your last few posts have made me feel so sad, although the last one was inspirational. Mother T got some things right, n'est-ce pas?

8:06 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

great post, hope we can all use this in our lives...

*hugs*

2:20 AM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

This is lovely (and like many others, I'm not a big MT fan)...but so much easier said than done.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home