Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Out looking

Sorry, but I won't have much time to read and comment on blogs today. I'm working on a RESUME to a Canadian engineering company that has a branch right here in town. I wouldn't even need to go across the bridge into that other state, which would be so sweet in the winter. Best of all, I could leave my current job bitterness behind.

The chances aren't that good that I'll get the job, though, or even an interview. Job competitiion is stiff here, especially for the better paying positions. It used to be that I got every job that I interviewed for, but things have changed both on the inside and the outside. For one thing I've gotten older and fatter and that's not a plus for a woman looking for a job. It's funny but I never truly realized all of the advantages to being a younger woman until I wasn't one anymore! Isn't life just like that, and human nature too.

My friends think I'm being negative when I say things like, "I probably won't get this job" but I say it's just being realistic. It doesn't mean that I won't try hard and do my best with the cover letter, resume and hopefully, if I get one, the interview. It just means that I'm not putting all my eggs in this one basket, counting on this job to save me or something. I'm applying for another job that's a little over a block away from home! I don't think it pays enough, however, but I'll find out.

The really bad part of all this is that I don't have a printer at home. So you guessed it, I'm printing my application stuff off at work. Bad bad bad, I know, and risky too. But what are they going to do if they catch me, demote me or something, ha ha! We are allowed to copy and print off "reasonable" personal documents, but I think applying for another job would NOT be considered reasonable. Guess I'm just sticking it to the man. Gee, but I'm full of cliche's today! Maybe I should have read other blogs rather than posting!

Well, I'm off to my display booth (sitting in front at the receptionist desk) have a good one!

10 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

"that I'm not putting all my eggs in this one basket, counting on this job to save me or something."

I don't think you're being negative at all...I think it's realistic to have that feeling.

Good luck and please, keep us posted! :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Your job has been a sore trial that you hve dealt with very well, so good luck with this application.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

All the best on the job hunt. I'm sure you will get something more suitable soon.

11:26 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Wishing you the best of luck! You deserve a new and fantastic job.

2:10 PM  
Blogger angela marie said...

Good luck and hurry up with the printing...don't let them see you! :)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Good Luck with the application. I am not sure you are being negative, maybe you are saving yourself from any more hurt! That is how I would be feeling in your situation

5:11 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Triple goodluck to you..Sending postive wishes and crossed fingers.

6:51 PM  
Blogger jen said...

The two times I have printed personal things at work, our CEO walked by. Ok, he had no idea (nor did he care) what I was doing, but I am glad he never asked because I am a terrible liar.

I hope it goes well. Keep us posted!!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Crossing fingers for you PBS, if they're smart, they'll give you a go :o)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

think positive, although its realistic to be on the down side as you won't be as bothered if you didn't get it...

i wish you all the luck in the world and will keep my fingers crossed...

*hugs*

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home