Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Usher in

Well, I'm going to have to look up Shelby, using the link Anvilcloud provided, thanks! I had another weird dream (almost always have dreams--I used to write them all done but it was too much work and took 45 minutes every morning!) The dream was about being in a camp situation with a lot of girl-bands. There was a band called "99" who became my best friends and we hung around together. Wasn't Maxwell Smart's sidekick called "99"? I don't remember. I seemed to be a whole lot younger in the dream, like in my teens. There were physical brawls with other bands and it would take many paragraphs to relate the entire dream. So I won't.

A friend just got a new job at the theater office in one of our three nearby universities! She is very much an activist and also just got elected to a position in the local Greens party. On Friday she called and told me about an opportunity to see the production "Godspell" for free. All I have to do is be an usher before the show and after. We can sit in the back and watch otherwise. She said that I could invite family and other friends, so I called SLA, thinking this would be in her budget. But she hasn't returned my call yet! So last night at a "Stamping Up" party I told Amanda about the opportunity. She and Anton want to go tonight. There is only room for six ushers and we will be three. I'm going to call my friend as soon as the box office opens and hope that we can get in for tonight.

I've been thinking, if there's only room for two I'd better just let A & A have the chance as tonight is the only time they can go. I still have Thursday and Friday night, if there's no room tonight. We have to arrive 45 minutes early for the show and wear black and white. Amanda is excited about the opportunity, she and Anton used to be very involved with the community theater. V-Man used to be involved with the community theater too. In fact he's had two starring roles, one was the lead singing role in "Honk"! I'm not going to invite him, though. He lives too far out of town to come in for a couple of hours. When he was active in the community theater and going to practice all the time, he lived in town. Also I haven't spoken to him since the move!

Hope you've got a lot of fun things going on for yourself today, and not just all work!

7 Comments:

Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Enjoy the show.
Volunteering is a great way to get into things for free. Unless your volunteer job is watching the parking lot or something..

8:29 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Yeah...enjoy the show. I am going to the Rheumatologist today...she's a new one for me, I hope she's pleasant.

11:44 AM  
Blogger katie said...

I wish that they had a deal like that here, I would love to see some plays. Enjoy the show!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Have you thought about just writing down some key objects, colour, people or places that you see in your dreams. Often, it's the little things that stand out frorm the otheres that give the best insight into your psyche.

Or something!

;-)

6:14 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

hope you get to see the show, what a great way to get free stuff...

and no i don't have a dream diary, but i probably should...mine are so strange and i have about six a night, but i'm lucky if i can remember them after 10 minutes of getting up

:0)

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some very odd dreams too, but I like the ones where you are younger!!!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OOOoooo, you are so lucky. I love Godspell, some wonderful songs. Enjoy yourself, you deserve it :o)

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home