Thursday, July 27, 2006

So weird

As I mentioned below, I was assigned to do an orientation for the newly hired staff member. It was so weird, bordering on surreal to sit in my old office in the "guest" chair while she sat in "my" chair at "my" desk. The office had been stripped of anything of me or mine. I'd had the office as a home away from home since February of 2002. Nobody seemed to appreciate how strange and uncomfortable of a situation that was for me. Oh well. I can talk about it here. And I survived.

I'm going to have to put some effort into liking this new person, though, which surprised me. But maybe it shouldn't have. For another count against her is that she looks almost exactly like the woman with whom my husband cheated on me! She's small and dark and has long, straight black hair and a longish face. Now what were the chances of that? This coincidence thing is getting out of hand, but I think that I'm just in such a strange, stressed place that I'm seeing them (coincidences) everywhere!

She's a 5'1" 100 pounds on a bad day person, like all of the rest of the women here. I'm still the only exception, and a giant among the "little people" as I privately call them. Well, enough of that for now. Since work is such an issue for me now, I'm sure that it will will cropping up again and again!

I stopped at the farmer's market on the way home from work and bought some lovely vegetables. I also bought some herb plants and they are making the house smell very good. Made lattes last night but they were rather weak. I think I put too much ice into the blender. It was so humid and hot that I just kept putting in more ice. The coffees were very refreshing, though, anyway. My Mom called to let me know that she will not be available on Saturday. It was considerate of her but I've been trying to get away from having a certain day to take her places. It hasn't worked, apparently.

Well, it's time to go to the display booth. Have a great day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

"Oh well. I can talk about it here."

Isn't that the best thing about blogging, PB? You can talk about anything you want!

It's terribly hot and sticky here, too. Try to stay cool.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hang in there, PBS...like I said before, you never know what tomorrow is going to bring (at least that's what I keep telling myself!:)

I think it's hot EVERYWHERE. Yesterday, as The PK and I took our dog to the vet's office, we passed one of those digital bank signs and it said it was 105ยบ!!! And with all this humidity, it feels almost impossible to breathe!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I'm sure that training her was really hard for you. But I'm also sure that things will get better for you. Hang in there..

9:02 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

The humidity is not any better over in the UK. We are experiencing some really high temps at the moment.



I think it is very mean of your "colleagues" to ask to you do thiat task, how thoughtless!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

have you heard the song "think of a reason later"...lets hate her for now and make her work to get you to like her...

ugh its hot here too, i wish i lived at the north pole sometimes...

:0)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I totally understand not liking the new person. It would be downright impossible for me to like the person that got MY office. I wish you the best and I hope one of the other jobs works out for you.

12:59 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

She may be teeny-weeny...but I bet you are alot smarter. Good luck again in the other position...really pulling for you.

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home