Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The weeds are waving at me

I got through the mortgage application last night. When I asked how many times I'd signed my name the banker said, "About eighty" Not sure if he was joking or serious but he didn't smile when he said it. Wish I'd counted but I was sort of distracted in READING all the pages!

Although I've bought three houses on my own and many while married, this is such a big step. All the job and financial worries tried to come crowding in but I tried to keep positive. Like I said before, if it doesn't work out I'll be renting--just like I am right now. And my Mom offered to lend me money too, ha ha. I'd hate to have to take her up on it, but she's there as a resource if needed. So I guess I'm covered. The house is beautiful (I think) and it's getting exciting to be coming so close to getting it! I drove by it on the way home last night, after all of that signing. And I swear that the tall grass and weeds in the raised garden beds were waving at me! It won't be long.

This Saturday my Mom and I went to the library (among other places). One of my friends from the now-disbanded Scone Club was working there so we went up to talk with her. I told her about the house, of course. She told me that a certain "friend" of mine was making a big scene at the library board meetings and was turning out just as I'd predicted and feared. She was talking about BZ, of course. But BZ has been much nicer at work for the past couple of months. Maybe she's moved her contrariness to the library board. I often see her in the library, too, usually with some of her cute kids.

She gave me an interesting assignment yesterday to call up all of our contractors and ask for a letter of intent. I dreaded calling and explaining it to each of them but it turned out to be great fun. I adore yakking on the phone (if I'm not overheard) even though I'm quite quiet in person. Well, that's not totally true as our conventions are the most fun ever! Even though I'm at the registration desk for 15 hours a day talking non-stop to people. I can't wait until our next one, which will be next year. There's this huge surge of energy that makes me keep talking, keep moving until I collapse in bed, to get up the next morning and do it all over again.

What kind(s) of situations bring out that surge of energy for YOU?

It's Tuesday, as if you didn't know! Have a good one!

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I dunno -- linedancing I guess. When evrybody wants to sit after a fast routine, I want to do it again.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I am glad that you are nearly there to getting your own house. All very exciting.

I guess wbsolute chaos will get my adreniline going.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

Writing and J-usagi do it for me. And is it just me, or do house closings neve seem to go as planned?

3:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Deadlines do it for me!
Buying and selling houses i think is more stressful than having a kid!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I always get a big burst of energy when it's time to head to bed. Once I get there it is over.
Glad BZ is getting a little less crabby with you.
And the house is going to be so nice..

10:00 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I could almost sense your energy!

I guess for me it would be deadlines too (as Michelle said). I recall being in college and having something due within two days and I never even started it yet. I think the REAL energy comes after it's all said and done though. I feel like I've really accomplished something.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home