Thursday, June 01, 2006

More photos of the shooting spree

Yay yay it's Friday! The jeep is running well again, thanks for asking. Of course the car-hospital day surgery cost me another $300. And I had just been saying how nice it was to not have car payments. Maybe car payments would be better?

The landlords came over to collect our rent and opened all the windows. I told them it was quite all right, the two windows we could get open were fine, and enough for a good cross-draft. But they were bound determined to get them all (painted shut, by them) open right this very minute. They left them all wide open. And you guessed it, we had a doozy of a thunderstorm right after that. I was running around trying to get all the windows shut again. The kitchen window was stuck open with rain and wind pouring in. I had to climb on top on the kitchen counter to shut it. That was pretty exciting.

Right before that VMan's ex came over to work on the little washer but she needs another part for it. She did apply for one of the two positions open at my firm. I told her that I'm thinking of buying a house over here in the new state.

Today we had a little day party and an evening going away party for a co-worker. She was nice and I liked her. I can take comfort in the fact that she's going to a better place, though.

More photos of the shooting spree.



Here's the forced entry demo, out on the shooting range. It was dramatic but not as much as the one I already told you about where the black clad, masked swat team crew burst into our classroom unexpectedly! I have no photos of that one. They rounded us up and out in 20 seconds.





The beautiful, talking police dog. Who understands only German commands.



The police dog in action. This isn't a great picture of him working, he was so fast that it was difficult to get a photo at all.




I shot several of the big rifles with scopes. I think this one was the M16. Note cute cop guy who just about had to hold me up!


Have a great Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!

12 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Great pictures! And there is NOTHING wrong with getting a cute cop guy to hold you up....nothing wrong with that at all! :)

6:40 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I agree with Stacy nothing wrong with it at all - at all.
Why doesn't that ever happen to me

Just posted another post, sorry it is so late in the day

8:40 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Glad you got your jeep back.
The pictures and commentary of the swat team were great. You look like a pro shooting that gun.
Hope you have a great weekend..

10:34 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Car troubles are the worst, I'm glad you are all fixed up.
Have a good weekend!

3:12 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I m sure you weren't complaining about the cute cop guy holding you up. :)

Glad the Jeep is fixed, too bad about the cost though.

I laughed picturing you climbing on th counter to shut the window. LOL

11:13 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i think i'd be playing on getting it wrong just so he'd help me...lol and i love the photos...

have a great weekend...

:0)

p.s. are you still doing neopets...??? have you collected your freebies this month...

2:37 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Great pix and you got to fire the guns now that must have been cool.
TheRE is nothing wrong with a little support from a cute guy if you need it or not LOL

11:35 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I wish i had a cute cop guy hold me up! Happy Weekend PBS :o)

11:54 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Did you wear ear plugs?

1:31 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I hope you had a wonderful weekend

2:37 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Oooh, I've been a victim of the painted shut windows ever so many times...

6:51 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

Yes, we had to wear shooting goggles and ear plugs both.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home