Monday, May 29, 2006

The Urban Assault Vehicle

Here are some images from the Shooting Spree, finally. SLA used the last three pictures in the camera for her grandson and family at the picnic. So I walked to Walgreen's twice on Monday to get them developed. They were taken with a disposable camera and so aren't of good quality, like the wonderful photos from some other bloggers. But you can sort of get the idea.



Isn't this just the coolest vehicle ever? It's a big, bad version of the jeep! I totally fell in love with it.





After riding out to the police shooting range on a dusty, bumpy road. It was crowded back there and not everyone enjoyed the ride. But I loved loved loved it, as I wrote in the post after (so long ago, now) the Shooting Spree. Riding out and back in that vehicle was probably the most fun activity of the day, but it would be difficult to pick.




Yep, that's me poking out of the gun turret. Many of us had photos taken like this. We were joking that we're going to use them for Christmas cards, "Peace on Earth" or something like that. Probably not.





Here are two policemen on the Urban Assault Vehicle. I had taken a nifty photo of one standing on top of it in the black sniper outfit. But that photo must not have turned out.


We rode out to the shooting range early on Saturday morning. But when we returned it was on a busy road in the afternoon! Very fun to see the other driver's reactions and their double-take! A few speeded up to get a better look. It was so fun. Ahhhh, the memories! Happy Tuesday!

12 Comments:

Blogger Rainypete said...

How cool would it be to drive a street tank like that beast? It would certainly make someone think twice before tailgating you!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

VERY cool! I need one of those vehciles for the tourists down here in Florida! ;)

"Outta my way or I'll just plain run ya over!!!" ;)

6:47 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

That is one BIG vehicle PBS. I loved the picture of your head sticking out. The xmas card idea is very funny

7:30 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Great pics!!! I like the one of you too!

I want to ride in one of those!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

Fearsome looking vehicle! And the name .. Urban Assault .. Sorta has that "Don't mess with me" ring to it.

LOL!!

Love the pic of you sticking your head out the top.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Having driven an APC and a Bradley, I'm a little less impressed, although it still looks cool.

1:51 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Looks like it would have been a bumpy ride...you should have been a cop lady or a military person sounds like.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Corr! that looks like fun! And men dressed as soldiers, I'd have had a ball!

1:48 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OMG, i love those photos! I want one of those vehicles to pick my daughter up from school in! Then those other mothers in their 4x4s can try and see past my vehicle....let them complain!!

3:09 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

cool, such a great vehicle, i bet nothing gets in its way...

very cool xmas card idea too...lol

:0)

4:23 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Neat photos, and the quality is fine.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I liked the photo of you. You look so happy in the machine of destruction..
Glad you pointed out it was a gun turret. I thought it was the toilet in the first picture, tee,hee..

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home