Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Movie and a Meme

Mom, son and I went to see the Da Vinci Code last night. The movie is almost as intricate and confusing as the book! As I've said in comments, I liked reading "Angels and Demons" much better, and "Digital Fortress" was the best of the three Dan Brown books I've read. And Mom seems very happy in her new apartment, I'm glad.

The Letter Meme
I begged Magpie to loan me this meme. So now I have to tell you about my favorites according to the letters that she chose for me. She made it much easier, which was very kind of her, as it’s hard enough to think of clever or even not-very-clever things in the morning before work.

The letters Magpie gave me are P, B, and S

Pillow – I wish I had my head still on it right now!

Bed Are you noticing a theme here?

Sleep More would be so sweet…

Peanut Butter Sandwich – Of course! This is a perfect durable and tasty meal that doesn’t need refrigeration. I ate it all the time for lunch when I was working as a temp. I’ve since graduated to bringing steamed rice and veggies for lunch.

Blogging/Blogs/Bloggers Usually one of the best parts of my day! I love reading my favorite blogs and catching up on what’s going on in the lives of my blogger friends.

Senses Magpie mentioned this under “Music” but I really enjoy my senses, especially Sound, taste and touch, smell sometimes too except when the people in the apartment below us burn something while cooking! And of course, there’s Sex!

Paycheck/Payday Another of my very favorite days to receive one of my favorite things, even if most of it goes for bills and boring stuff.

Black Bird (red-winged) one of my favorite Birds, I especially love the beautiful liquid notes they sing.

Saturday and Sunday Days off, definitely two of my favorite days!

Pens and Pencils I carry them everywhere with me, along with my journal to jot down notes and thoughts. Actually the journal has become more of just a tracking device while I write my thoughts in the blog.

Black or Blue my favorite colors.

Spiders I like spiders; they keep harmful bugs off houseplants and are so interesting.

Police/Police Radio Bet you guessed this would be included on the list! Especially in boots and leather. I love listening to what they’re out there doing, too.

Breakfast My favorite meal when eating out. I usually have a

Salad instead, though, and I love them, too especially the fancy ones with nuts, goat cheese and/or craisens on them.

People Are so interesting to study, not necessarily to interact with them, Psychology.

Boys Well, MEN, really, but that doesn’t start with a P, B or an S now does it?

Sports Some of them I really enjoy watching, like football. I used to DO more of them when I was younger.

Plants I love both houseplants and outside plants, like vegetables or flowers in a garden.

Books Love them, am always reading something.

Scent Perfume, incense, oils. I like subtle good smells. Guess that would go under Senses, too.

Pets I love my little dog, Ricky the Chinchilla and those crazy two ferrets.

Beer Goes especially well with football or while doing the laundry, or—much more fun—while out with friends.

Sea gulls Most people around here hate them, but I love how gracefully they swoop and soar. I like their mournful “Aaaa Aaaaaa Aaaaaaaa” cries on the wind, too. Our tourists love them, too.

Paper Newspaper, writing paper, colored paper, it’s all good.

Beads I love them; masses of the little tiny ones or the large wooden type.

Spring and Summer Love the grass turning green and flowers coming up.

Peace As in peace and quiet and solitude, but also peace on earth.

Beyond as in, what’s up ahead, new experiences, places, people, things, growing and learning, moving ahead.

Skies I love blue skies, and watching clouds in the sky. My favorite seat in a plane is the window seat, of course!

So many loves that I could go on some more, but luckily it’s time to quit and get ready for work.

Any takers to do this meme? Let me know and I’ll pick a letter for you! Happy Wednesday!

7 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

Loved your list!

Happy Hump Day!!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Great list!

Peanut butter is the nector of the God, I tell you!!!

And I hear you on the "pillow, bed, sleep" thing...I could SO use more than 6 hours sleep a night!!!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

Mmmmmm.pillow, bed and sleep. Good stuff

11:58 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Wow! I don't know that I would have been able to come up with that many things for P!

1:55 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

You've got an answer for everything, I envy you that.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, what a cool list, loved reading it :o)

1:23 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

fab list, you only needed to do 10...lol but i love it, although i think seagull and spiders are evil...and swans, i hate swans

have a great day

:0)

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home