Monday, March 13, 2006

I come clean

It was a great weekend! Hope yours was too. One of the highlights was….

Dum dum dum, da da dum….

A “new” apartment sized washer and dryer! Courtesy of Vegetable Man’s ex-girlfriend. Is she trying to make me feel guilty, or what? I don’t care, it was a very nice thing to do! She did the plumbing for the washer, too. My Mom and I had gone to the laundromat in the morning after she came home from church. I lugged down two heavy laundry baskets, and lugged them back upstairs when done, too. Having an in-house washer and dryer will be totally wonderful!

From my E-Mail
All About The Sea
A number of primary schools were doing a project on "The Sea." Kids were asked to draw pictures or write about their experiences. Teachers got together to compare the results and put together some of the 'better' ones.

1. This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly age 6)

2. Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels can a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think they have to plug themselves to chargers. (Christopher age 7)

3. Oysters' balls are called pearls. (James age 6)

4. If you are surrounded by sea you are an Island. If you don't have sea all around you, you are in continent. (Wayne age 7)

5. I think sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth, just like Emily Richardson. She's not my friend no more. (Kylie age 6)

6. A dolphin breathes through an asshole on the top of it's head. (Billy age 8)

7. My uncle goes out in his boat with pots, and comes back with crabs. (Millie age 6)

8. When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the ocean. Sometimes, when the wind didn't blow, the sailors would whistle to make the wind come. My brother said they would be better off eating beans. (William age 7)

9. I like mermaids. They are beautiful, and I like their shiny tails. How do mermaids get pregnant? (Helen age 6)

10. When you go swimming in the sea, it is very cold, and it makes my willy shrink. (Kevin age 6)


A Happy Monday to ya, the start of the week and all that.

13 Comments:

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

My uncle goes out in his boat with pots, and comes back with crabs. (Millie age 6)... Oh crap!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

oh I have tell my friend about this one. As both of us are Teachers. Those quotes are too precious.

Hurray to the washer and dryer. Can I send my drying to you now?

Have a lovely week too.

Seeing as I am home I am updating my blogpost alllll day... scary

btw how do Mermaids get preganant?

6:13 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yay for in-house washers and dryers!!

I know I always hate visiting laundry mats....especially when they're busy!

7:48 AM  
Blogger angela marie said...

Too funny about the kids!

Congrats on the washer/dryer. My washer was broken several weeks ago and I went to the laundromat. It was nice getting it all done so fast...10 loads, washed and dried, 1 1/2 hours, $20...but I'm thankful I don't have to do it all the time! :)

8:01 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Congrats on the new appliances! That will really make life easier. Great jokes, kids are hilarious.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Oh these little 'sea' factoids were MARVELOUS! I especially loved the one about the dolphins. haha ... now had I only known this information while I was still working at the aquarium. I could have announced it to everyone around me!

Hey, GOOD DEAL on getting the washer and dryer. I swear, next to having my daughter, that was the single most important delivery in my life! :) I'm really happy for you.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Having the washer & dryer in your home is so much better I hate laundry places!

3:03 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Well aren't you the lucky one...getting those appliances like that!

1:41 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

hurrah for the washer/dryer, i can't imagine taking all my things to a laundromat, i've never even been to one, but my mum worked in one when she was younger...

:0)

2:36 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Congrats on the washer. I always hated going to the laundramat because there is really nothing to do while you are waiting around...to say nothing of all that lugging around.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Happy washing and drying. :)

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are wicked! I have some kids jokes too but I'll post them another day!

1:07 PM  
Blogger mrhaney said...

those were very funny. i needed a good laugh at 1 a.m. i'll need some more around 8 a.m. do you have any more?

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home