Thursday, March 02, 2006

What I’m doing

Well, it’s been two weeks of extended family living and it’s been great! Except for isolated incidences (see previous post!) things have gone very well. I really enjoy coming home to a family that loves me, having interested and interesting people to talk to, and sharing responsibilities, meals and space.

Last night the Vegetable Man’s former girlfriend came to measure our windows for blinds. She runs a business of fixing things, and once came to my old house to weatherproof the door. That was back when they were still living together and he and I were still just friends. I thought last night might be awkward, because she knows, of course, that I’m seeing him now, but it wasn’t. We all shared some laughs (not about that!) and it was friendly and comfortable.

My mother did comment after she left, “I just can’t see her and Vegetable Man together.” Ha! Am I bad to be pleased? My mother doesn’t know that I’m (sort of) seeing him. My son doesn’t know that directly either, but may have figured it out. And my friends don’t know. V-Man and I had been friends for so many years that people just assume our relationship is still like that. It’s not that I’m trying to hide it, in fact have said some things to my friends that should be alerted them, but didn’t. Either that, or they are pretending they don’t know. Perhaps my son is doing that too. Whew, too complicated. It’s an odd relationship and hard to explain to friends and loved ones, who are very apt to say, “What are you doing?” Good question.

So, have YOU ever gotten back together with an old love: been remarried, moved back in together, or started dating again? And how did friends and loved ones react?

7 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

Can't say that I have. I would be insane to go back with ex-hubby. It would never happen (gag!, not in a million years.

I do however have an ex boyfriend from years ago who I am just really good friends with, in fact, look at him as a big brother more than anything. I can't imagine ever being with him again, but I care about him like family.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Me either :) I remember a fellow i was engaged to before i was ever married, turned out to be gay! LOL......stupid me! I was only 20, i actually think he was/is bisexual. I have spoken to him after 15 years and he has no partner, says he has heaps of regrets re myself and him and how we turned out. LOL......yeah me too!!

6:56 AM  
Blogger katie said...

I haven't, but I have remained pretty good friends with several ex-boyfriends.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Wouldn't you rather just let people say what they will? They will anyway---do what's right for you, and let people adjust is what I'd say if you had asked my advice, which you didn't.....

10:46 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Once and everyone thought I was nuts.
I'm still nuts and not trying to get better. LOL

2:51 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

No and no. Nobody would have me back anyway...I expect too much from people.

2:52 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

First, I'm so glad things are working out well with your new living conditions... that's wonderful and SUCH a relief for you. And yes, it IS nice to come home to a 'family.' I really know what you mean about that.

Ugh ... with regards to going back with an 'ex' anything - egad yes. That was one huge mistake, but I was young and naive and couldn't have realized the guy was a psycho even though all signs pointed to it from the beginning. I think that's one of those that - if you do it once in your life, you never do it again! haha

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home