Friday, March 03, 2006

The blinding will be today

It's Friday! Yay, it's FRIDAY! The blinds lady couldn't come in the afternoon yesterday, so called and said she would come later. It got to be 8:30 p.m. before she finally arrived and it's a several hour job! I was a bit worried because sometimes I do stay up later, but by this far along in the week I'm usually getting to bed pretty early. My Mom and I both get up really early. But after messing around quite a bit and me thinking, "Is it going to take this long for EACH window? We're going to be doing this all night!" the blinds lady found that she was missing a piece. I fully think she was planning to go to go to a store that was open late and return to still do the several-hours-long job. But our pointed yawns at that point dissuaded her. Thankfully she will return this afternoon. And better still, if it works out this time--I'll be at work! She's giving us quite the bargain, doing the job for little more over the cost of the materials. I really don't know why, just because she's nice, I guess.

Some jokes from my E-mail:

Little Johnny's Most Wanted
Little Johnny's kindergarten class was on a field trip to their local police station where they saw pictures of the ten most wanted criminals. One of the youngsters pointed to a picture and asked if it really was the photo of a wanted person.

"Yes," said the policeman. "The detectives want very badly to capture him."

Little Johnny then asked, "Why didn't you keep him when you took his picture?"

Vampires at the Bar
Three vampires walk into a bar and sit down at a table. The waitress comes over and asks the first vampire what he would like. The first vampire responds, "I vould like some blood."

The waitress turns to the second vampire and asks what he would like. The vampire responds, "I vould like some blood."

The waitress turns to the third vampire and asks what he would like. The vampire responds, "I vould like some plasma."

The waitress looks up and says, "Let me see if I have this order correct. You want two bloods and a blood light?"

Dogs Just Don't Understand
1. It's not a laugh to practice barking at 3a.m.

2. It's wrong to back Grandma into a corner and guard her.

3. They shouldn't jump on your bed when sopping wet.

4. The cats (ferrets, chinchilla) have every right to be in the living room.

5. Barking at guests 10 minutes after they arrive is stupid

6. Getting up does NOT mean we are going for a walk

7. Just because I'm eating, doesn't mean you can.

8. If you look at me with those big soppy eyes, I'm not going to give in and feed you. NOT NOT NOT. Oh, ok, just this once.

9. No, it's my food....Oh alright then, just a small piece.

Some things dogs DO understand!

Not a Bullet Train
A passenger train is creeping along, slowly. Finally it creaks to a halt. A passenger sees a conductor walking by outside.

"What's going on?" she yells out the window.

"Cow on the track!" replies the conductor.

Ten minutes later, the train resumes its slow pace.

Within five minutes, however, it stops again.

The woman sees the same conductor walk again.

She leans out the window and yells, "What happened? Did we catch up with the cow again?"


Have a great Friday!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Nice to see there are still some kind people in this world :o)
Have a peaceful weekend PBS :O)

5:37 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

That is one thing I don't have to worry about, my new house comes with blinds and curtains. I don't much like the curtains, I will be changing them down the road.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Sounds like a great deal on those blinds! :)

Hee, hee...my word verification is" OKYFADLE".

For some reason, I thought that was funny...but then, I think I may need more caffeine this morning too...;)

7:37 AM  
Blogger dan said...

a nun was sitting in the bath when there was a knock at the door.

"who is it?" she called

"it's the blind man."

"oh, that's all right. please do come in."

the blind man walks in, goes over to the window and says "i've come to replace these" he says as he points to the venitian blinds.

8:25 AM  
Blogger angela marie said...

That is nice that you are getting a break on the price, but I'm still surprised that someone would come over that late for an 'involved' project like that!

I hope you like the blinds!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

There should be some sort of witty remark here, like the blind leading the blind or something. Work on it will ya? :)

8:52 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy your new blinds.

10:11 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

I think it's great that you guys can do this together...because it is business afterall. She's probably a nice lady too.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'd love to totally reblind my whole house, but it would be cheaper to actually become blind myself, then I wouldn't have to look at the hideous window treatments as they stand today lol

Hope all goes well with the blinding stuff :)

3:27 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Happy Friday to you also, even though it's Saturday already. :)

We just redid our living room recently and the new window treatments look SO cool! What a difference something like that can make.

I think it's nice that VM's ex and you can be civilized in the same room together. Speaks volumes for both of you, really.

May your weekend pass as slowly as Mondays do! ;)

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home