Saturday, March 04, 2006

Blindingly beautiful

Yes, the blinds are up! And they are gorgeous, I think so, anyway. They have a minimalistic high-tech look because they're so fitted into the windows. The blinds had to be installed that way because the windows are so long, like church windows. The effect in my Mom's room is stunning, those huge bay windows with blinds together with her wood furniture, the wood floor and high ceiling. The other rooms are really really nice, too. It turned out better than I had even hoped. I had already liked how this apartment looked, now it looks even better!

My Mom just left in her car to go to her old house to pick up some things. I should have gone with her. But she left before 8:00 a.m. and I had gotten to bed after 3:30 a.m.! Still, I WAS awake (sort of) and should have hurried to get dressed. Now I'll be worried about her all day. The driving is good, today at least.

SLA called her yesterday while the blind lady was there to borrow her car. Now, we all had talked separately about an arrangement where SLA would take my Mom grocery shopping or for errands in return for the use of Mom's car. But this was jumping the gun a bit. My Mom hasn't even seen SLA for several years and (said) that she would not recognize her on the street. My son took the call and it sounds from their reports that he and my Mom were less than cordial to SLA--more like indignant.

So now my Mom and son are irritated with SLA and think she was being far too gutsy to ask for a favor like that. I actually privately agree on that...it takes a bit of finess to broach a subject like that with my Mom even though she had agreed (to me) that it would be a fine arrangement. I think SLA blew it.

We were all supposed to get together in the next couple of days. Probably NOT such a great idea right now. I wish SLA would have waited rather than just called Mom up and asked to use her car!

Well, a happy happy Saturday to you!

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

... the blind lady was there to borrow her car. Cool.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to post some pics? I'd love to see some. Hope you have a great weekend

9:58 AM  
Blogger dan said...

glad you like the blind joke. it's better if people haven't been discussing blinds beforehand.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What happened to Scone Club on a Saturday, are you still going?
Nice to hear the blinds were fitted and look terrific!

5:46 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Post pictures of your Mom's window...it sounds cool.

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home