Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Everything changes

Ahh, much better today. If an ordinary person could have a motto, mine would be: everything changes; attitudes most of all. Thank for the good tips (I will use them!) and support. This is an unfamiliar situation to me, and to my Mom, too. Anyway, I came home from work to tuna hotdish, casserole to some folks. I had a salad already made in the refrigerator and that was dinner!

I had laid out all the makings to the hotdish in the morning before going to work. And had told my Mom that I never would be getting married again--because I'd have to cook. She was rather apalled and said something like, "Surely love would conquer all?" and I just shook my head and replied, "Not cooking, Mom. I NEVER want to be stuck in a situation where I'm forced to cook all the time." And at least this time, it worked! The last and only other time I had laid out a meal for her to make, she "just couldn't get around to it." But that was without my bad mood and melodrama!

As I said yesterday, I did not expect her to do all the cooking or even most of all, just to lend a hand sometimes at it and other household chores. The sink was piled high with unsoaked cooking pans and someone got mud all over our pale beige carpet but at least I didn't have to cook. Yay! That doesn't mean the problem is suddenly solved, as cooking and chores are a day-in and day-out situation. Only that I feel better--more positive and hopeful that it's going to work out better--today.

I have a four-hour jewelry making class on Saturday. Normally the Scone Club would be meeting but people's schedules have changed and it's been hard to get everyone to come. Also the Women's Expo with fun, free samples and entertainment is Saturday too. I greedily want to go to both, although the class would take precident because I've already paid for it. Happy Hump Day!


Jokes from my E-mail
Animal Sounds
A mother was reading a book about animals to her 3 year old daughter.

Mother: "What does the cow say?"

Child: "Moo!"

Mother: "Great! What does the cat say?"

Child: "Meow."

Mother: "Oh, you're so smart! What does the frog say?"

And this wide-eyed little 3 year-old looked up at her mother and in her deepest voice replied, "Bud."

Borrowing the car
After shopping for most of the day, a couple returns to find their car has been stolen. They go to the police station to make a full report. Then, a detective drives them back to the parking lot to see if any evidence can be found at the scene of the crime. To their amazement, the car has been returned.

There is an envelope on the windshield with a note of apology and two tickets to a music concert. The note reads, "I apologize for taking your car, but my wife was having a baby and I had to hot-wire your ignition to rush her to the hospital. Please forgive the inconvenience. Here are two tickets for tonight's concert of Garth Brooks, the country-and-western music star."

Their faith in humanity restored, the couple attend the concert and return home late. They find their house has been robbed. Valuable goods have been taken from thoughout the house, from basement to attic. And, there is a note on the door reading, "Well, you still have your car. I have to put my newly born kid through college somehow, don't I?"

9 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

My motto is "Good is bad, bad is good, all the stuff's the same." I got it from Stephen King.

8:20 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I just caught up on your last post.

Hopefully now that your mom knows that you can't do it all, she will help out.

How about simpler meals? Throwing something in the crock pot in the morning always works for me!!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

Glad you're feeling better today. Life's like that, isn't it? Up one day and the next you're down. Then up again. Day then night. Cloud then sun. Tide comes in then goes out. Summer. Winter.

Hang in there, girl!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Cooking is scary for me so if I ever do get married & he expects me to cook, he will be in for a surprise! Glad you feel better!!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute jokes.

You have a motto? Damn, I should work on a motto.

I'll get back to you.

1:22 PM  
Blogger katie said...

ha ha! Great jokes. Glad things went a little more smoothly for you yesterday.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yaaaaaaaaaay, so glad it all worked out in the end. Hopefully she's taken the hint. Can't wait to hear about your class and the expo :)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Its good that your mom made dinner.
I'm sure if you all pitch in it will seem like there is no house work.
I guess all this will get some getting used to.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

yay to the meal being done when you got home...long may it continue...

:0)

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home