Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend Ended

Yep, another Monday, the start of another week. This week has no holidays or vacation time, no time off. The weekend went all too fast, cooking things, going to the laundramat and watching the Olympics. Did you watch the Olympics? I think they’re kinda fun. But by the time I really start getting into them—they’re over. Did decide I like speed skating now, though. Used to think it was as boring as NASCAR, competitors going ‘round and ‘round. Our cute guy did OK, that Apolo Ohno guy. He was fun to watch. I liked Sasha Cohen in the ice skating too. If you watched the Olympics, who did you like? OK, gotta make Ms. Mac laugh—who did you ROOT for?

We three went out for- I guess it was sort of a late lunch, yesterday. My son had to get ready for work first and my Mom and I got all prepared to do the two basketfuls of laundry after the meal. It was fun to eat out together, don’t remember when or if we’ve done that before. We won’t be doing it too often, though because it was quite expensive even though we went to the cheap little hotel restaurant that SLA and I go to eat. They have good specials.

Never did get those area rugs down, nor move the furniture around in the living room. I shoveled the sidewalk and steps late Friday night (which was a piece of cake compared to what I was used to in the country!) and walked to get the Sunday paper and to return a library book, so got some exercise this weekend.

So, what did YOU do this weekend?

9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Chores PBS, rotten chores!!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I usually root for the people who have absolutely no chance at all, yet try their hearts out in the spirit of representing their country and the spirit of competition.

An older example was at the 2000 Olympics, where there was a last minute replacement swimmer for some third world country (I want to say Suriname, but I really can't remember). The original swimmer couldn't compete for whatever reason, so they got another athlete who was there from their country and put him in the pool. He finished several minutes behind the winner (It was a distance race, like the 500 meters), but he worked his tail off, every ounce of energy going into his race. You can't NOT cheer for a guy like that.

In these Olympics, I pulled for Emily Hughes, because of the situation she was put in. I also rooted for Joey Cheeks - his generosity is a great example of the spirit of the Olympics, I think.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

We went to a HUGE tractor show (not for the tractors, but for the craft and food booths). Yum!

Other than that, not too much. And tonight, I have to help my mom-in-law move!!! I HATE moving, darn it!!!

Grrr......

7:38 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We were tv-less at the cottage for most of the time, so we didn't watch much this time around, but I do like figure skating. The Canadian women were awesome at these games. Cindy Klassen won five medals, but she remains such a nice and grounded person.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I studied and read and wrote and drank and god revealed his plans to use me to repopulate Japan.

Good is bad, bad is good, all the stuff's the same.

12:13 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Ugg. Went to the Mardi gras celebration here in st. louis. My head still hurts.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Restless Angel said...

Went North to see my man, got over a cold (about 90-ish% anyway), really just laid back and relaxed weekend overall..... gotta say, it was worth it, and I want to go back!!!!!

Didn't catch much of the Olympics this winter for some reason.... since you mentioned NASCAR, I really haven't followed that as much as usual, either...... *sigh*

3:30 PM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Happy Monday... even though it is almost over.. this past weekend was a good one... but too quick like you said!

4:49 PM  
Blogger dan said...

i mostly did nothing but read.

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home