Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Things up and down the stairs

Not much new here. We're settling in and it's comfortable. I like it here, I really really like it here. The neighborhood is nice. Not as in luxurious, but cozy, friendly, handy. It's great to come home from work and have someone to talk with, same in the morning--great to sit with my Mom to have a cup of coffee and start the day.

Yesterday was my first day back to work in quite a while. It was pretty busy, of course. There is trouble brewing, but I'm not involved (usually am not)so it's not as stressful to me as to the participants. At the staff meeting we did look at the layout for the new office again. Every time I see it, I get depressed. My desk is out in the middle of the floor. I'll be on display, and I HATE that. Am really going to miss my office with a window and a door. Oh well, we aren't there yet. August is the target date.

Got up early to let the dog out, and while I was out there, shoveled the sidewalk up to Mom's car (which was further than "our" area). Last night after work I stopped at the storage shed to retrieve my area rugs. I could not get the door open, so banged on it like the woman from the office had done the first time. Then I couldn't find my grass rug, my very favorite, the one special-ordered from Pier 1. I vaguely remember offering it to someone, a long time ago, so suppose I don't have it anymore. None of the area rugs would fit into my little house, of course. But did find the beige one and the green and beige one and the runner, so took them out, home and dragged them up the stairs.

The library people have not come to get the seven boxes of books in the hallway. They were going to call and then pick them up yesterday. Wonder if I'll have to lug the books to the car and into the library? Hope NOT! I'm very tired of carrying things, especially heavy things up and down those stairs!

But the apartment is shaping up. I saw my son's room last night and it looks very nice. His is the L-shaped one. Mine is currently full of rolled up area rugs but minus a lot of books! Hey, is it Wednesday already? Happy Hump Day!

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so pleased for you PBS :o)
You deserve some happiness in your new home after the move, Congratulations!

How's Duggie?

5:44 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new place!!!

Hope it warms up there soon! :)

7:01 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I am so glad that you are settling in and that you like your new place.

Ick, snow, glad we haven't gotten hit with it bad this year.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Happy hump day. Whatever you do in your new neighborhood, don't give anybody a ride or beer or money.

9:55 AM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

I am sorry for your new office configuration.

There is nothing worse than being exposed, I tell you.

9:59 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Glad that the new place is coming along!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Maybe you'll be a public servant before the loss of the office....I hope

5:19 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

sounds like you are settling in nicely...

i hope the library come soon for those books...

:0)

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home