Wednesday, January 18, 2006

In waiting mode

I'm still in waiting mode for the move. Suffered a couple of disappointments yesterday, which I won't go into but today is a new day, right!

Here’s a business ethics quiz from Monster, the resume and job finding people.

If the apartment thing works out, I’ll be moving to a neighboring state. No more:
(from my E-mail)
I came, I thawed, I transferred.
Survive Minnesota and the rest of the World is easy.
If you love Minnesota, raise your right ski.
Minnesota - where visitors turn blue with envy.
Save a Minnesotan - eat a mosquito.
One day it's warm, the rest of the year it's cold.
Minnesota - home of the blonde hair and blue ears.
Minnesota - mosquito supplier to the free world.
Minnesota - come fall in love with a loon.
Land of many cultures - mostly throat.
Where the elite meet sleet.
Minnesota: CLOSED FOR GLACIER REPAIRS.
Land of 2 seasons: Winter is coming, Winter is here.
Minnesota - glove it or leave it.
Minnesota - have you jump started your kid today?
Many are cold, but few are frozen.
Why Minnesota? To protect Ontario from Iowa!
(not funny at all )
WARNING: You are entering Minnesota, Please use an alternate route!
Minnesota: theater of sneezes.
Jack Frost must like Minnesota - he spends half his life there.
Land of 10,000 Petersons.
Land of the ski and home of the crazed.
Minnesota - home of the Mispi-Mispp-Missispp (Where the stupid river
starts!)
10,000 lakes and no sharks!

And My Favorite (of the friend who sent it to me)
There are only 3 things you can grow in Minnesota: Colder,Older, &
Fatter

Actually, after the above, moving to another state doesn’t sound so bad! But I wonder what the “State Slogans” are for the neighboring state?

And how did you do on the Business Ethics quiz?

Have a great Wednesday! It IS Wednesday, right? Losing a day to a holiday tends to confuse me. But in a good way!

13 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

minnesota can't be that bad surely, it was lovely when i went, i wasn't there that long though...lol

which state are you hoping to move to...???

:0)

7:46 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Wow, Minnesota sounds eerily like Pennsylvania. :)

Have a great day!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

I'll bet a neighbouring state wouldn't be much warmer this time of the year.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Is Minnesota in Canada, ha,ha..

9:07 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I did poorly on the ethics quiz until I contacted Monster and threatened to kill everyone there, at which point they gave me an A. :p
Actually, ethics questions are easy. It's actually doing what you're supposed to that's hard.

9:12 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Ha! I like those. Maybe the state SHOULD consider chaning their slogan.

12:58 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Well...whatever state you wind up in...that will be the lucky one.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yep, it's Wednesday (LOST is on tonight...that's why I remember what day it is!;)

Your blog post today makes me SO GLAD I live in Florida...:) Sometimes I take our weather for granted! :)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Keep Smiling PBS, today is another day, it will all sort itself out in the end.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Minnesota seems a lot like Ottawa---yet I continue to live here...

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never been to the states so I wouldn't know but I'd love to hear the new slogans.

7:43 AM  
Blogger dot said...

Is it cold in Minnesota?

Land of 10,000 Petersons. That one really cracked me up.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

My ex boyfriend has been trying to get me to go up to Minnesota almost as long as I've known him. He went there after surviving Katrina's wrath, and is constantly tempting the wrath of his ex wife and her entire family (she's from there). I have no plans to go anywhere near the Land of 10,000 Lakes...

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home