Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Another civil service test

Well, not too much new to mention. I'm still waiting anxiously for the landlords to call me back. In fact, today is my (mental) deadline so if they don't call, I'll call them. I don't want to be a pest but I don't want them to rent to somebody else, either. My Mom gave me some money for the deposit, as we will have to pay the first month's rent and (probably) the same amount as a security deposit. The two together were quite a large sum! I would have had to take out of my savings to pay them both myself. So I'm ready to pay but they're still working on the apartment and don't want me to even see the place until it's ready. Their estimate was January 15th but I need to find and move into a place by February 3rd, so the waiting is making me nervous. If this place doesn't work out or isn't suitable for us, I want to have a Plan B, or C ready.

This afternoon I go for the other civil service test; the one in the state where my Mom lives and where we might move. I haven't even thought of it much, have been too busy. Hope I do OK. I need to find the paper they sent me about where to go for the test before I leave for work this morning.

Work has been very interesting and busy. BZ is gone on a trip for work. She called me and we had a very nice conversation. Maybe things will be better? They have so far this year anyway. Hope you have a super day, even though it's only a Tuesday!

From my E-mail
Fan Mail
After trying a new shampoo for the first time, a guy fired off an enthusiastic letter of approval to the manufacturer.

Several weeks later he came home from work to a large carton in the middle of the floor. Inside were free samples of the many products the company produced: soaps, detergents, tooth paste, and paper items.

"Well, what do you think?" his wife asked smiling.

"Next time," he replied. "I'm writing to Chrysler!"

Dressed Down
Employed by the human-development center of a corporation in the Midwest, Karla trains employees in proper dress codes and etiquette.

One day as she was stepping onto the elevator, a man casually dressed in jeans and a golf shirt got on with her.

Thinking of her responsibilities, Karla scolded, "Dressed a little casually today, aren't we?"

The man replied, "That's one of the benefits you get of owning the company."

How Far is That?
An old man was a witness in a burglary case.

The defense lawyer asked Richard, "Did you see my client commit this burglary?"

"Yes," said Richard , "I saw him plainly take the goods."

The lawyer asks Richard again, "Richard, this happened at night. Are you sure you saw my client commit this crime?"

"Yes" says Richard, "I saw him do it."

Then the lawyer asks Richard, "Richard listen, you are 80 years old and your eye sight probably is bad. Just how far can you see at night?"

Richard is a calm and patient man, but tired of the casual ageism of many people. So Richard says, "I can see the moon, how far is that?"

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Wow...you've got one full plate there, don't you??? And I'm glad to hear things may be getting better at work...:)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

oooooo silly blogger I lost my comment.

I agree with Stacy you have a very full plate indeed. I hope that you get the phone call soon I am getting all anxiousfor you here.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Ok PBS, am crossing eyes, fingers and toes just for you!

4:52 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Don't worry...it will hapen...you deserve it!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

casual ageism....it strikes without warning.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

hope you get good news about the apartment soon, i will keep my fingers crossed...

what is a civil service test...??? i think i might have missed that somewhere...

:0)

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home