Friday, January 06, 2006

Wah Hooo!

I sold the house I sold the house! Can you believe it? It was only on the market this Wednesday and Thursday and had four people tour it. One of them made an offer Thursday night. The real estate agent called me at work this morning during a day that was already going really well. He told me that he had an offer, should he come by my workplace and present it? I asked him to run it by me first so I could think about it. OK, he said, It's a CASH offer, no septic or well inspection. I stopped him right there and told him I'd take it. So an hour later he brought the papers by and I signed many times and sold the house.

Of course I still need to go through the closing. It's set for February 3rd--that's, what, four WEEKS away? Yikes! So I stopped at the post office to ship the CD I sold on Amazon, then home to start calling apartments. There's a three bedroom in the neighboring city/state right next to my good friend SLA. It would be so ideal and they're renovating it. I can't see it until next week. I talked to the landlord for quite a while and basically got her to move me up to the first spot of people to call when it's ready. The price is right, the only thing is I don't know if they take pets. If not, I'll try to talk her into that one, too as I don't want to give up my little dog.

Well, after the long (future?) landlord conversation, I called my mother and told her the good news. She is all excited about it too and wants to sell her house ASAP. They haven't contacted her about it yet. I reminded my agent that my Mom was really going to be anxious to sell her house now that I've sold mine. And he apologized and said they will have the agent licensed for that state call her very soon.

Well, I just have a couple more things to do here and then I'm off to celebrate with the Vegetable Man! Have a super, great, very pronoia weekend!

18 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Congrats on the sale!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Congratulations!!! WoooHoooooo :)
Your going to be one busy girl for the next few weeks. Enjoy your weekend celebrations!

5:43 PM  
Blogger dot said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Have a fantastic weekend!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Woohoo. Things are really going well. Have a great weekend..

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY on the selling of the house...

1:07 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Yikes! I bet you are nervous about it all...even though you're happy about the sale. I hope it goes smoothly for you mother.

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. Hope you find yourself somewhere great soon.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

congratulations!
hope you can move in to the new place with your pets...

4:56 PM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Oh Congrats!!!

That is wonderful news. I hope you find the perfect apartment. :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

that is great news! i had my well go up right before inspection and had to pay $4000 to get everything fixed. you are very lucky! moving can be so exciting!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

congrats on the sale, i hope your moms house sells just as quick...good luck on the flat hunt...

:0)

2:37 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

YAY!!! You sold the house!!! :)

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

I am so excited... i like shifting!

9:32 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Thats great! Way to go! I really hope that this apartment allows pets.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Congratualtions
I am so pleased for you. How quick is that!!! I hope your Mum's gest sold as quick.You deserve some good fortune.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Awesome so good to hear about your sale!

2:46 PM  
Blogger dan said...

that has to be the quickest house sale in history.

congrats.

4:41 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

House sold? I'd better backtrack more because I've obviously been missing something!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home