Saturday, December 31, 2005

Stop Thief!

Where did the year go? Speaking of stolen, the following was taken
from the The Peanut Queen but slightly modified. I did ASK for her permission—about two minutes before I took the meme, or whatever you'd call it! So she didn’t have time to reply yea or nay. But here goes:

Blog first lines from my first post of each month:

August 2004
Finally set up a blog but don't have time to write much on it tonight.

September 2004
Hey, reread my blog so far and it's sure not very damn interesting.

November 2004
It's been a long, long time since I've blogged.

January 2005
Just came back from a sandwich and coffee with a friend.

February 2005
Worked on my font sizes again last weekend.

March 2005
The Beargrease Dog sled race is probably done by now, I haven't checked yet this morning.

April 2005
Top 100 April Fool's Day Hoaxes of All Time.

May 2005
*High Flight” by John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

June 2005
I did some more digging last night, also applied for a day off next Monday to finish the digging, raking and planting of the garden.

July 2005
I'm really tired, to the point of being groggy.

August 2005
Before going to work today I'm going to have to go out and water the gardens.

September 2005
My Mom’s birthday today!

October 2005
Another beautiful, sunny day today!

November 2005
Hope you had a great Halloween, with lots of your favorite candy left over!

December 2005
Hey, nice to be back!

In reviewing the above list, two things become very apparent: I'm quite fond of run-on sentences and exclamation points! I think compiling a list of blog post titles would be quite interesting too. Maybe I'll do that someday.

From my E-mail
Words of Wisdom
Life can be only understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.

Trust everybody . . . then cut the cards.

Don't do for others what, given the chance, they wouldn't do for themselves.

Summer must be over if your neighbor has just returned your lawn furniture.

If you are willing to admit you are wrong when you are wrong, then you are all right.

It's good to question authority, but not mine.

Love doesn't really make the world go round, but it makes the ride worthwhile.

Age is just a number and mine is unlisted.

An expert is someone called in at the last minute to share the blame.

The first Ten Commandments are the hardest.

A retired husband is a wife's full time job.

Heredity is something parents comfortably believe in, if they have a bright child.

Only one shopping day left until tomorrow!

Happiness is the place between too little and too much.

Circular arguments often make the rounds.

Even at a Mensa convention, someone is the dumbest person in the room.

When in doubt. . . mumble.

Money can't buy everything . .but then again, neither can little or no money.


HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU! It's been a great year of reading and learning from your writings and musings. I've really enjoyed reading your blogs! Have fun this New Year's Eve, too. "See" you next year!

10 Comments:

Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Happy New Year to you.
I have enjoyed reading your blog this past year. Can't wait for the 2006 posts..

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you. I have enjoyed your blog & I like you, use way too many exclamation marks!!!!! he he!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Happy New Year. I really enjoy your blog and the chuckles that your writings give me.

12:35 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

happy new year to you! i think i might steal this post idea too! :)

12:40 PM  
Blogger dot said...

Happy New Year, Pbs!

That meme is a great idea.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

My favorite was definately December's post! I love exclamation marks too!
Enjoy your NYE, it's already 2006 here :)

6:07 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Happy New Year! Looking forward to your posts in 2006!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

when in doubt, MUMBLE... what a hoot!!! So darn right!

Happy 2006!

8:55 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Happy New Year to you. Interesting meme. I've still got to do the weird things one. Keep on blogging on!

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home