Friday, December 23, 2005

Weird Habits

I was tagged for the Weird Habits Game by by Deni, of Time to Tell. It's a good thing too, as I'm feeling quite depressed and down on myself today because I received the written annual review back--and it's even worse than the verbal, if such a thing were possible. Also, BZ's Christmas party is today. Everyone else can just go straight to the party but I have to go into the office and work three hours first.

Thank you for your comments on my last post. Yes, I'm being bullied and nothing seems to help. I've stood up to her, for momentary satisfaction, but then she repays me 10x later, I've gone to the HR to ask their advice. So today I'm feeling sorry for myself and feeling like quite a sorry person too. So at least the meme has sidetracked me from a long, bitter, whiny post. And it was fun! Go and check out Deni's cool answers, if you haven’t already!

Here are the rules: The first player of this game starts with the topic five weird habits. People who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals.

My 5 Weird Habits !

Only five? I could come up with a whole bunch of weird habits! But here are the requested five:

1. I hate, repeat hate when people touch or pick up my knick-knacks. Especially when they pick them up and put them back in a slightly different spot. So Weird Habit #1 is that all of my knick-knacks must stay in the same exact spot or position and only can be moved by me.

2. I wash my hands constantly. One time the kids counted how many times I washed my hands while cooking dinner. Care to make a guess how many times it was?

3. Since we have to carry in our water, I really, truly conserve water. Many of the methods I use could certainly be classified as weird habits involving buckets and funnels!

4. Every water bottle, beer bottle or can, or soda can that is taken out of the refrigerator must have an immediate replacement of the same beverage put back into the ‘fridge so it gets cold.

5. I have a tiny little pantry that doesn’t hold my cooking pans very well. Every time I have to get a pan from the pantry, or when I’m putting the cleaned pans away I have a full-blown hissy fit about how they won’t fit in the pantry. Every single time. It used to really bug my son when he first moved back in with me but now he just ignores it and knows enough to stand back!

I would love to read about the five weird habits of The Peanut Queen Sumo Merriment Dan, from Not the New Scientist
Michelle, of the beautiful photos
Lorna in Wonderland

-(If you haven’t already done this meme!)

22 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i hope you have a good holiday away from the boss from hell...i received your package this morning *a huge kiss/mwwaaahh* i love the things that aren't wrapped although i've not had time to look at them properly yet...and i loooooooovee cherry pull and peel twizzlers you are a STAR...have a great xmas and new year

*hugs*

6:15 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

Happy HKRXmasux!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

What brill answers. I forgot to do the meme and Deni tagged me too.shhhhhhhh don't tell her and I will do it hehehehe

Your parcel is still winking at me .. I am being good... well trying to be

I really hope that in the New Year your job situation sorts itself out I really really really feel for you ... I do not know what to suggest though

Look after yourself you do not deserve to be bullied like this

9:39 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Are knick knacks your name for your breasts. If so, that would be annoying,tee,hee.
Hope you have a great Christmas..

10:32 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Tell Fizzy I saw that, LOL.
Still laughing and H&B's comment here.

OK, now where was I? Oh, yeah, great weirdness you have there. As for BZ, when you get a new job tell her take her review and wipe her ass with it. Or shove it, whichever would give you the greatest pleasure. :)

Don't let her get you down, people like that are small minded, and they just aren't worth it.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Seasonal warm wishes to you and your weird habits.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Merry Christmas!!!

6:15 PM  
Blogger dot said...

I love number four. What an awesome habit.

Have a great Christmas!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

Merry Christmas! Can y9ou come by my fridge? I always forget to refill it!

1:20 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Eeek, I was sure I commented here earlier. Chances are I opened up this window, got distracted and forgot to *sigh*. This time of year really does my head in!

I hate to say it, but knowing #1 now, I would probably take some delight in switching places of your knick-knacks around lol sorry

I didn't realise you had to carry water in from outside, no wonder you conserve it so much. The funnel sounds mighty interesting, do tell!

Merry Xmas PBS, hope you get everything you want! xx

2:36 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sending big (((hugs))) your way, i'd like to get my hands on that miserable witch!
Ahem!...back to the memememeemmeme, we share a "weird thing"! Number one....i hate it when people walk round my house picking up all my art pieces...or knick knacks....specially kids!!
I would be honored to share in the weirdness...just gimme a bit, being chrismas an all...i will definately do it!

3:11 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I've been uncharacteristically busy the last little while, and having been blogreading as much as usual, but just got caught up. I'll do the meme next time I post; your weird habits are only very mildly weird---actually endearing. I have some really weird habits, but I'm going to lie....

5:19 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Nice meme, and your habits are not so weird because I have a couple of them LOL
Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year

8:34 AM  
Blogger dan said...

merry christmas.

i'll do that meme in the new year.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Karen Schmautz said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours. May the Lord bless you and your family.

10:46 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

hang in there with work-- i was in a similar situation last year and thankfully got out of it without quitting completely.

never let someone touch your knick knacks!

have a nice holiday!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

ARGHHHHHH I got caught by Deni... I promise I will do it Deni I promise... lol

12:09 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

Have A Merry Christmas
Have a Wonderful Peaceful Holiday. You deserve the rest and the time with your son.

YOur parcel is still winking and I can not wait to open it... I am giddy Fizzy here lol

Look after yourself
(((Hugs)))
Fizzy

12:12 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Sorry about your boss. I hope YOU have a Very Merry Christmas.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Hope things get better!

Feliz Navidad!!!
:)

10:33 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

Discombobulated: hate to say it, but it was 36 times! In my defense, I didn't know the kids were counting, and we had five dogs at the time. Every time I touched them I had to wash my hands, of course! Thanks for asking!

7:58 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I was going to guess 17 times. Wow was I off. Interesting stuff though.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home