Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Happy Hump Day

It's Wednesday already and still a great week! There are some reasons: I had to use up some personal time before the end of the year, or lose it. So I'll have half of today off and all of Friday! Also, BZ is gone all week for vacation. It's a shame I couldn't have taken the time off when she was in the office, but oh well, I don't want to lose it. I was really busy at work yesterday while those who were in did very little. It was kind of an exaggeration of the normal around there, me working, others buying things online, coming in late, leaving for appointment, leaving work early. Actually I took two hours for a doctor appointment yesterday too, so counting Monday off, I won't have been at work all that much this week compared to the normal grind.

Completed all of my Monday "To Do" list except the grocery-buying. Have two civil service exams scheduled for January, one in each state! I wonder how I will be able to take parts of those days off, though. Too bad I couldn't save some of that personal time for it. Maybe vacation? But we have to request it 30-days in advance and the first test is the first week of January and the second is January 10th!

The doctor appointment was originally kind of stressful, like they can be sometimes. I had to go in and talk to the doctor about a test result, and was a bit nervous about it. Why didn't she just talk to me over the phone? But it was OK and we even laughed a few times, can't remember doing that with this doctor before. And I lost 8 pounds since September. The doctor asked me what I was doing differently (to lose weight) and raised her eyebrows over "yoga and meditation". No, that's NOT when she laughed!

from my E-mail
Wayfinding
Last summer, Bill, took his wife Sharon camping for the first time. At every opportunity, he passed along outdoor-survival lore.

One day they got lost hiking in the deep woods. Bill tried the usual tactics to determine direction - moss on the trees (there was no moss), direction of the sun (it was an overcast day). Just as Sharon was beginning to panic, he spotted a small cabin off in the distance. Bill pulled out his binoculars, studied the cabin, turned and led her right back to their camp.

"That was terrific," Sharon said. "How did you do it?"

"Simple," he replied. "In this part of the country all TV satellite dishes point south."

Tax Dollars at Work
The FBI and the DEA are joining efforts and will be assigning some of their agents to a quasi-FBI/DEA enforcement team specifically targeting the illegal allergy pills sales that occur on the black market.

The agents will be called "Pseudo Feds."

Tall Tale
Shirley was on vacation in Texas, and was appalled by Dallas' chaotic traffic.

She asked the bellhop at the hotel why it was so disorderly and was told,

"In some countries they drive on the right, in others on the left. Here we drive in the shade."

Smile!
An off-duty police officer, familiar with radar guns, drove through a school zone within the legal speed limit when the flash of a camera went off, taking a picture of his license plate.

The officer, thinking the radar was in error, drove by again; even more slowly. Another flash. He did it again for a third time, at an even slower speed. Same result.

"This guy must have screwed up the settings," the off-duty officer thought.

A few weeks later, when he received the violations in the mail, he discovered three traffic tickets: each for not wearing a seat belt!


Happy Hump Day!

14 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

There's NO WAY I'd not use up my personal time....I enjoy it too much!

I have a doctors appointment myself this afternoon because I've caught a bad cold (again!). The PK has it too so we're both going but I'm stuck at work till then so I'm muddling thru! I'm glad to hear everything is okay with what your doctor had to say. :)

Eight pounds huh? That is EXCELLENT!!! I think I'm going to BEG the nurse not to weigh me today because I KNOW I've gained some weight since the holidays!!!! Argh!!!

Enjoy your time off!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Enjoy the time off.

9:04 AM  
Blogger dot said...

Wow, 8 pounds through Yoga and meditation. That's amazing.

I made the top five today. Yay!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

8pounds...well done, i'm jealous!
Hope something comes of those civil service exams :)

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good bit of time off. What's personal time?? I think I must be being ripped off! Well done with the weight loss. Yoga is good for that - I need to get back to my Yoga class in the new year, I've pilled on tons of weight lately & I have a big do on the 13th Jan & I am never going to fit into my dress!!! I can't believe they make you book leave 30 days in advance! That's wrong!

4:51 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

i think i gained your eight pounds and i always feel guilty using my time off. i need to get over that!

8:55 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Going the doctor is always stressful, I'd rather take a beating. :)

Enjoy your time off.

And have a Happy New Year!!!

9:10 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Enjoy your time off, I'm taking tomorrow off as well. We have the same, if you don't use it you lose it, policy.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

I've had a couple of days off too. But to be honest, I'd rather be working. There's no income at home!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I have lots of time off since I work at a school. My paycheck suffers but the break is needed!

Enjoy your time off and CONGRATS on the 8lbs! Way to go!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Great seatbelt joke.
Hope you enjoy your long weekend. Lucky you..

3:21 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Great news about losing 8 pounds!

10:58 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Enjoy, you deserve it.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PQ and I are on the same page: Enjoy the time off and lol for a great New Years!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home