Thursday, October 06, 2005

No snow yet, good

Had a busy ten-hour workday yesterday. But then I went to the farm! Vegetable Man had a mum for me, a pale yellow one. Also I brought home some tomatoes, cucumbers and squash. It was quite late when I got home and my son didn’t ask me what I’d been doing, this time!

I love the farm and it’s neat to see it taking shape from the dreams and talk of over a decade ago. I remember when Vegetable Man had planned out a pond, in the middle of brush and swamp grass—and now there is a beautiful pond with ducks and geese on it (sometimes). And lots of large gardens with a farmer’s dream, sandy soil. I have clay soil with rocks, here, and it isn’t great for gardening.

Of course Vegetable Man is harvesting his vegetables because of night frosts. Today, again, we are predicted to get slushy snow. We actually haven’t gotten any yet despite several predictions of snow. But one of these days we will get some because it’s been so cold and windy.

I’m not sure if I’m glad or not that it's Thursday. On one hand it's good that the weekend is nearing. But it also means I'm running out of time to get everything done before our convention. And I'll be gone from home a week, working long hours. Well, anyway, have a great Thursday!

from my E-mail
Signs that you are Webbed Out...

Your opening line is, "So what's your home page address?"

Your best friend is someone you have never met.

You are overcome with disbelief, anger and finally depressed when you encounter a Web page with no links.

You are driving on a dark and rainy night when you hydroplane on puddle, sending your car careening toward the flimsy guard rail that separates you from the precipice of a rocky cliff and death. You look for the "Back" button.

Your dog has his own Web page.

So does your hamster.

... And the No. top sign that you have overdosed on the WWW:

When you read a magazine, you have an irresistible urge to click on the underlined passages.

11 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Frost? Oh my God...the low here at night has been in the mid 70's!!!

Stay warm! :)

7:28 AM  
Blogger elle said...

So where's the support group?

7:42 AM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

I know it isn't going to snow here but I am hoping for the rain on my birthday.. yeah I am weird I WANT it to be gloomy and rainy!!

Funny email the last one cracked me up!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I can not imagine snow in Autumn. I am still getting used to fog and mists on a morning.

(what is a Mum? it is a parent here. I am a Mum! did I really come from a cabbage patch like my parents wanted me to believe? )

10:17 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

a hamster webpage, now theres an idea...lol ;)

and i can't believe its going to snow, its gotten really cold here and i've worn gloves to work once this week, but i would be so miserable if it snows...

i hope the weather stays good for you...

i don't know what a mum is either...???

11:47 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

It says on the top of your blog tht you're from United States---is your own state Alaska? We've been having snow in Western Canada, but that's par for the course. In central Canada, it's till sandal weather

4:51 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

76 here overnight....90 during the day....i love Spring!
Nothing like home grown veggies..yummo!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

It's hard to believe some areas had snow. I just had the pool shut down Monday, I swam Sunday in 57 degree water.

We have a great farm by us. Great folks!

Love the email funnies...

8:02 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Mum = Chrysanthemum
We don't get snow here...it cools off and just gets dreary sometimes. It's still quite warm right now though.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

No snow here yet or frost. I wonder where it is. It should be cold but its 28 celcius. OMG maybe we wont get snow.
Yeah right wishful thinking.

Have a nice week end

5:03 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

It's too early for snow. There needs to be some in-between time!!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home