Monday, September 12, 2005

Mini summer rerun

Today begins the countdown to my work trip, and I’m not ready! Still waiting for last minute supply orders at work and other last minute preparations. Today is yet another busy day with two staff meetings. My doctor’s appointment is stuffed between the two meetings, so help it goes OK and I’m able to hurry back to work. The parking issue is always a problem, as I may have difficulty in finding any freebie parking within a mile of work in the early afternoon! I wouldn’t mind, but the extra walking will take extra time to return to work and not miss the second staff meeting. Oh well, it will turn out OK.

It’s been warm again here for the past couple of days. Yesterday it reached 92 and the house is still quite warm. I have the fans all blowing to make it sleep-able and keep it comfortable enough for the furry critters, who get too warm. It’s nice to have the heat back again, actually. Our summer is so short, the leaves have been turning for a couple of weeks already and the autumn flowers are out: Purple Asters. A long time ago I read somewhere that when they came out, summer was over. But now we have a mini-rerun of summer, and that’s great! Gas prices have dropped even more, too.

Have a great Monday and start to your week!

From my E-mail
Wise Words from Kids
1. Never trust a dog to watch your food.
- Patrick, age 10

2. When your dad is mad and asks you, "Do I look stupid?" don't answer him.
- Michael, 14

3. Never tell your mom her diet's not working.
- Michael, 14

4. Stay away from prunes.
- Randy, 9

5. Never pee on an electric fence.
- Robert, 13

6. Don't squat with your spurs on.
- Noronha, 13

7. Don't pull dad's finger when he tells you to.
- Emily, 10

8. When your mom is mad at your dad, don't let her brush your hair.
- Taylia, 11

9. Never allow your three-year old brother in the same room as your school assignment.
- Traci, 14

10. Don't sneeze in front of mom when you're eating crackers.
- Mitchell, 12

11. Puppies still have bad breath even after eating a tic tac.
- Andrew, 9

12. Never hold a dust buster and a cat at the same time.
- Kyoyo, 9

13. You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
- Armir, 9

14. Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
- Kellie, 11

15. If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse.
- Naomi, 15

16. Felt markers are not good to use as lipstick.
- Lauren, 9

17. Don't pick on your sister when she's holding a baseball bat.
- Joel, 10

18. When you get a bad grade in school, show it to your mom when she's on the phone.
- Alyesha, 13

19. Never try to baptize a cat.
- Eileen, 8

9 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

"Never pee on an electric fence."

Having made that mistake myself, I know he is right.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yeah, we're going to get a few hottish days too. Unlike you, I can do without them. I'm not asking for cold mind you, just not hot.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i love the email funnies, especially the puppy eating a tic tac...lol

i hope you have good news at the doctors...i'm thinking of you...

*hugs*

:0)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Gas prices have dropped where you live? Blimey, I'm living in the wrong place!

The leaves have been falling here too but I wasn't quite ready to let go of summer until today!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where I am it is HOT!! And I am happy!

10:40 AM  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

Thanks for sharing wise words from kids. I especially liked, 2. When your dad is mad and asks you, "Do I look stupid?" don't answer him.

Hope everything goes well today!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

it has been raining.... :) nice cool fuzzy !

5:50 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I'm tired of hot and I'm not liking the last breath of summer hot air. I'm ready for cooler temps! October rocks!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Best of luck for a positive outcome at the doctors :)
Your gas prices are dropping? Ours just seem to keep on rising, they are expected to hit the $7 a gallon mark by Friday :(

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home