Friday, September 02, 2005

Blogs = good therapy

I finally called my Mom around 2:00 yesterday for her birthday. It was so busy at work that while I thought of her several times during the day, that was the first time I actually had free to do it. I leave work too early in the morning to call and wasn't coming straight home after work. Mom was having a great birthday, received more cards, friends were calling her and one is bringing her a cake today! I'm so glad, as she is isolated out there in the country and her first bunch of good friends have pretty much all passed on. Good to heard that she has made some new ones.

Yes, blogs are such good therapy! Don’t know what I’d do without one now! It wouldn’t have been appropriate to make my loved ones worry about probably nothing, so I laid the burden on you for the time being, until I find out something.

The penguin movie last night was good but I can’t really recommend it because it was a documentary! I enjoyed it but it wasn’t exactly what one has in mind when going to a movie! It was billed as sort of a children’s movie but I thought it was a bit too intense for younger kids. The story was gripping, had the poor cute little penguins dying here and there over various calamities. If I had been in a more sensitive mood I might have cried in some parts because it’s hard to see real animals (well, birds) in pain or dying, but I was just sort of numb and while it was quite sad in places, I didn’t cry. Vegetable Man and I talked about it for a while afterwards but he had to get home to fix dinner and go to work.

I wasn’t hungry so went home early (it was an early movie, right after work) and caught up on some of my blog reading. Later in the evening I still was not hungry so had no dinner. I thought that my appetite had decreased in the past few weeks/months because of the coffee reduction and added vitamins. Hopefully it didn’t have a more sinister cause, I really don't think so. I think the vitamins and less caffeine is more healthy and satisfying so I didn't need to be hungry as much.

It’s funny I haven’t lost any weight either, but I don’t lose weight easily at all! Did the 300-600 calorie a day diet for a long time and barely lost weight. That’s kind of amazing but really discouraging. I wasn’t trying to lose weight, just haven’t been hungry. It’s saved on food costs although I buy and cook good stuff for my son, of course. Now if I could just put my car on a diet instead of driving out to the farm so often and using lots of gasoline! I couldn't help but notice that the price of gasoline has gone up to $3.29 per gallon as I was driving home last night.

They had a special on TV last night about the hurricane victims. OMG it is SO bad there, those poor people have nothing, not even the medicine they need. There was a diabetic looking for insulin--that, and the rest are just the saddest thing. I hope they can get aid there soon. One blogger has pointed one (sorry, I can't remember where I read it) that the storm victims don't have any sort of communications (radio, TV) to tell them where the Red Cross and other aid workers are located and how to get help! I also heard that other countries have voluntered to help us, that's so heartwarming, may be the only good thing to come of this disaster.

Tonight I’m going out to dinner with SLA and her houseguest. We’re going to our normal spot so I’ll probably have a beer or two and a great burger! I’m really looking forward to it. Hope your day is awesome!

from my E-mail (not a chance of this happening to me at work! It's too busy. but they're some pretty good excuses.)
Excuses If You Get Caught Sleeping In Your Cubicle
1. "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."

2. "This is just a 15-minute power nap like they raved about in that time-management course you sent me to."

3. "I was working smarter-not harder."

4. "Whew! I musta left the top off the liquid paper."

5. "Oh, I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on our mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm!"

6. "This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people!"

7. "I was testing the keyboard for drool-resistance."

8. "I was trying to remember where that difficult "Z" Key was, and now it is indelibly imprinted on my brain, or at least my forehead."

9. "I'm in the management training program."

10. "I'm actually doing a "Stress Level Elimination Exercise Plan" (SLEEP) I learned at the last mandatory seminar you made me attend."

11. "This is in exchange for the six hours last night when I dreamed about work!"

12. "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stress. Do you discriminate against people who practice Yoga?"

13. "Darn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem."

14. "Uh, hey, whaddaya expect... the coffee machine is broken..."
15. "Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot."
16. "Boy, that cold medicine I took last night just won't wear off!"

17. "Ah, the unique and unpredictable circadian rhythms of the workaholic!"

18. "I wasn't sleeping. I was trying to pick up my contact lens without my hands."

19. "The mailman flipped out and pulled a gun so I was playing dead to avoid getting shot."

20. "Geez, I thought you (the boss) were gone for the day."

15 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

liquid paper is known as idiot liquid here.

needless to say, i use a lot of it.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

glad you enjoyed the movie, i expect the film would be good in IMAX, hope you have a great time tonight and enjoy your burger...

have a beer for me...

:0)

6:18 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I hope you enjoy yourself with your friends. Look after yourself.
I like the ""Stress Level Elimination Exercise Plan" (SLEEP)" sounds good to me. :)Have a beer for me too.

6:28 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I hope it IS nothing, I really do.

I am glad you felt comfortable enough here to tell us, please keep us posted.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I would've cried at the movie...I just KNOW it!

*sigh* I can't remember the last time is was meal time and I thought: "I'm not hungry"...I'm ALWAYS friggin' hungry!

Enjoy your burger and beers tonight! :)

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, couldn't watch the news for a long periods of time... After awhile, it just gets so depressing.

7:55 AM  
Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

lmao @ the hillarious work excuses!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8:48 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

HAPPY WEEKEND, PBS!!! I like your blood bank excuse! Although i don't have the guts to donate...

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I am definitely copying & saving them to use next time I get caught sleeping!!!!!! I fell asleep in a training session the other month, my colleagues totally love me for cheering them up soooo much (I nearly fell off my chair b4 I woke up!) Have a great weekend!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I have SO used some of those...

1:27 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I agree...my blog is my therapy too. I wondered if the penquin movie had some sad stuff in it...now I know.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

I have two blogs. I find them theraputic

11:12 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Well...you know how much I love animals...and I had the penguin movie reserved from Netflix...I'll probably cancel it now...because I cannot take the little sweeties getting hurt and dying. I was so hoping it was funny and sweet and just good entertainment. Why do they always have to put the sad stuff in it. I definitely would have cried. I was outraged when the dog was killed in Turner& Hootch..I was so sure the vet girlfriend would save him. I'v vowed never to watch it again. I'm glad I was warned.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You deserve a beer or 2!
Petrol/gas is up to $6.00 a gallon here :(

6:54 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I MUST see that penguin movie. If they showed it in an omnimax domed theater, that would just rock.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home