Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A dream on Tuesday morning

Well, the start of the work week and it’s only four days! How cool is that? But it did seem awfully dark and early this morning when I got up, and I only slept in one morning, yesterday morning!

I even remember a dream, after not recalling any for awhile. We went down some stairs and I seemed to be talking to my Mom, even though I couldn’t see her. Then we were listening to a lecture while sitting in groups at little tables. The speaker came to each table and when he did, they all stood up and applauded. For some reason I couldn’t stand up when the speaker came to our table, and I noticed he had overlapping teeth that looked sort of like a vampire! He came really close and sort of hung over me, then moved on to a different table.

After going to all the tables he made us line up to count off to play volleyball. I was dressed in a skirt and heels that were cute and matching, green plaid! I ended up on least-favorite co-worker’s team, hadn’t even noticed her there before. That was enough to wake me up right before the alarm went off!

From my E-mail
Monopoly
Growing up as a kid, I learned all about capitalism through the board game Monopoly. I mean, what better way to teach a young mind the way our economy functions. I loved this game and still do. Only now, as an adult I have some questions that remain unanswered.

For instance, if I have all this money and own all this real estate...why am I still driving around in a thimble?

Quick Quotes
I'm very proud of my gold pocket watch. My grandfather, on his deathbed, sold me this watch." --Woody Allen

"Bad cholesterol is the kind that clogs arteries, shoplifts lipstick and lies under oath." --unknown

"My mom is very possessive. She calls me up and says things like, 'You weren't home last night. Is something gong on?' I say, 'Yeah Mom, I'm cheating on you with another mother.'" --Heidi Joyce

The Live-in Maid
A husband and his wife advertised for a live-in maid to cook and do the housework. They hired a lovely lass for the job.

She worked out fine, was a good cook, was polite, and kept the house neat. One day, after about six months, she came in and said she would have to quit.

"But why?" asked the disappointed wife.

She hemmed and hawed and said she didn't want to say, but the wife was persistent, so finally she said, "Well on my day off a couple of months ago I met this good-looking fellow from over in the next county, and well, I'm pregnant."

The wife said, "Look, we don't want to lose you. My husband and I don't have children, and we'll adopt your baby if you will stay."

She talked to her husband; he agreed, and the maid said she would stay. The baby came, they adopted it, and all went well.

After several months though, the maid came in again and said that she would have to quit. The wife questioned her, found out that she was pregnant again, talked to her husband, and offered to adopt the baby if she would stay. She agreed, had the baby, they adopted it, and life went on as usual.

In a few months, however, she again said she would have to leave. Same thing. She was pregnant. They made the same offer, she agreed, and they adopted the third baby. She worked for a week or two, but then said, "I am definitely leaving this time."

"Don't tell me you're pregnant again?" asked the lady of the house.

"No," she said, "there are just too many kids here to pick up after."

Had any good dreams lately?
Hope you have a great day!

9 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

morning. I loved the maid joke. Very funny.
I am not very good at remembering my dreams. I do remember the other week I was reading blogs and on one blog a friend had told her that she dreamt in black and white and not colour. That got me thinking I just assumed you dreamt in colour.
Have a good day

6:27 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i always remember my dreams too, they are usually really strange, like the one last week where a company my hubby knows were making cast iron clarinets...don't ask...lol

p.s i sent you a neomail...

:0)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I had a strange dream over the weekend too....mine involved a huge Oak tree and millions of gallons of sap.

Told you it was strange! :)

And I'm glad it's a short week too! :)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Your e-mail must be smokin'.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

"My mom is very possessive. She calls me up and says things like, 'You weren't home last night. Is something gong on?' I say, 'Yeah Mom, I'm cheating on you with another mother.'" --Heidi Joyce

I LIKE THAT!!! LOL!

9:53 AM  
Blogger dan said...

my dreams are really bizarre at the moment, but i put it down to stress.

i can regress back to say 5 years old then suddenly be 25 and riding a horse over a cliff or something.

1:10 PM  
Blogger katie said...

I can only remember my dreams for about an hour after I wake up. If I don't tell someone about them they are lost.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole dream remembrance thing must be rubbing off...

10:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL, cool dream! I am a really light sleeper, so i dream quite a lot and remember them, but like katie said, if someone doesn't prompt me i forget them.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home