Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Steal this car

Met up with SLA to eat dinner and have some beers last night. I guess even though I have a job, this may get too expensive for me to do so often! I was going to stop at the Whole Foods Co-op and grocery shop but her phone call to me, towards the end of a hectic day, was irresistible. So I ended up spending half the money I would have spent for groceries, yikes! Not to mention I ate too much and it was bar grill food. Not good at all. Yes, I’m usually kind of cheap—I mean frugal.

Actually SLA ended up waiting for me over a half hour, probably closer to 45-minutes. I hate being late and/or making people wait for me, but right before I was leaving work, some more stuff came up that had to be done immediately. At least I did call her and tell her when I was leaving (which was 10-minutes after we were to meet) that I was just now leaving work, still had to walk up the hill to my car and drive all the way across town. So we got a late start.

I ordered a salad when I got there, not a good idea to order a salad in a bar! I tried, but couldn’t eat it, so sent it back. The waitress said they wouldn’t charge me for it. I ordered coleslaw and onion rings instead, my food choices getting worse and worse. After I had mushroom burger with swiss, lots a ketchup and rings, and SLA had a ham dinner and baked potato, she suddenly wanted to leave. So I paid the bill without looking at it too much. I think they charged me for the salad too, as well as both meals and all the beers. It was a hefty sum for a little run-down bar stop of an hour or so.

So I came home to sadly watch TV, haven’t seen much lately. For the past few days I’ve only received E-mails from Vegetable Man and was missing him. Watched “Tommy Lee Goes to College” which I like. The best quote from that episode was when he was debating free music downloads. He and his partner took time to write a response, came back with it, and the response from Tommy was, “The opposition’s argument is wack.” Gotta love that!

My son actually had a couple of days off from work, which is good for him, not so much for me. He tends to rummage around for food in the early morning and wake me up. Anyway, the plus side is that I remember another dream!

I was waiting in the garage for my guy (nobody in real life) who worked there. His ex came in with her son that everyone exclaimed how well behaved he was, and she just beamed smugly. After she left to go shopping, he was fuming, “I helped raise that boy!” So he and his co-workers were going off to race cars or something and he wanted me to steal her car, which was parked across the street. It was an ugly white car. I really don’t like white cars (sorry, if YOUR car is that color!) because they blend in so perfectly with snow banks and the drivers seldom turn on their headlights, making the car pretty much invisible on a grey winter day, of which we have so many around here.

Anyway, apparently I knew how to hot-wire cars, a good skill to have, I guess, but not one I have in real life! So the plan was to take her car and drive it home, since I wanted to go back home anyway, because the garage guys were all gone for the day. But I was having trouble actually getting into her car, because it was locked, and then I woke up.

Hmmm, what do you think THAT dream was all about? Maybe too many onion rings before bed! Have you have any good dreams lately?

14 Comments:

Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

wow you have some strange dreams, i don't recall mine from last night but I know I had some...

i have a couple more things to get for your box so it should go out tomorrow, or definately friday at the latest...

the peanut queen got hers super fast so it should get to you within a week or so...

*hugs*

:0)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

too much sugar!!! LOL!!!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

You amaze me I don;t know how you remember your dreams, I just can't do it. It is a shame. I would love to be able to recall them like you do .
Have a good day

10:02 AM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Nope, no good dreams here lately. And I have no idea what your dream meant. See how helpful I am? ;)
Lois Lane

11:54 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Oh my word! I would have been exhausted by the time I woke up from all of that!

1:20 PM  
Blogger dan said...

i hate being late but have been since i was born and i was two weeks late then.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Mmm...onion rings!

If it makes you feel any better, I went to Steak N'Shake on Monday and had a double patty melt, onion rings AND a small cofee mohca milk shake (I know it sure made ME feel better!) :)

I have no idea what that dream means.....I have a dream book at home I'll have to find and start interpeting these things! :)

3:17 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

My scientician friend says your dream means that you don't really like birds and should avoid them for at least a week.
I don't know if this is accurate..

6:51 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

So I take it bars make poor salads?
I am sort of curious to watch an episode of that Tommy Lee show but the idea makes me feel guilty. Plus I don't want to see any numbskull government jerkoffs trying to justify how their disaster response time was adequate.

I dunno what your dream meant but I'd take hot-wiring cars over least favorite coworkers any day.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

You do have some bizarre dreams, girl! I'd expect that, though, from someone who'd order a salad in a bar. I'm kidding!! LOL!!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

That was pretty bizarre! Did you wake up exhausted? :)

I don't remember dreams too often and if I do, I find that as the day goes on, I completely forget what it was!

Oh gosh..I'm getting old!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No need to call Dr. Phil for this. I gave up eating anything after 9 pm because I'd have a dream like one of Jim Morrison's poems. I'd say it was the onion rings!!! Smiles!!!

1:04 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Me thinks it stems back to when your steering wheel locked up! I think it's still playing on your mind LOL!

2:48 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

It was the ketchup. Ketchup is evil! Ketchup does not a good dream make!

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home