Saturday, September 10, 2005

Attack of the Underwear

Enough with the drama stuff. I plan to have a nice, peaceful and fun weekend! But yes, now that the tornado of emotion has somewhat cleared and I’ve thought it over I AM mad at Vegetable Man. He isn’t normally a jerk but certainly acted like one with me, and it had to be on purpose. No way could he have not heard the happy things I said or think that the little romantic things he did would be accepted as simply part of a friendship. I got conned, and I don’t like that. It was a selfish, mean and inconsiderate thing to do, especially to a friend. I'm disappointed in him and would have thought better of him than that.

But today I’m going to the harvest fair with some friends I’ve known for almost 25 years! They were friends until a couple of years ago, when they fell in love and got married! OK, come to think of it maybe not a great choice of friends for me to hang out with this weekend but they’re lots of fun and we’ll all have a good time. The fair has alternative energy seminars too. I once lived in a wind-powered home, it was so cool! I would love to do something like that again but those technologies are still very expensive.

Katya Coldheart posted about her bra rebellion yesterday. Yesterday must have been some sort of united front for underwear action! After my shower in the morning, I was getting dressed and cut my foot with my underwear! I really don’t know how in the world it could have happened. I sort of caught my toe in the elastic, or maybe it was the lace, gave a gentle pull and got something like a paper cut on the bottom on my toe! So weird, it hurt too and I was limping. Limping and laughing and limping and laughing. Also shaking my head, how the heck? Nothing like that has ever happened to me before, my underwear has always been gentle and safe. It hurt to wear a shoe, so I took off the shoe and sock and wrapped up the toe in a band aid. I had to try not to limp at work all day. I didn’t want anyone to ask about what had happened to my foot!

As long as I’m thinking about funny (at least to me) things, let me tell you what we did to SLA in the bathroom on Thursday night. Thursday night was the night we all went out and had some fun. We went to a different place than I usually hang out, somewhere a bit classier than the bar/restaurant/laundromat where I often go to have just a beer or two. Dana (not her real name) and I went to the bathroom together, as girls tend to do and had a fun time reading the huge ads on the backs of the stall doors. There was an ad that said something like, “List with Sue Bopp, Realtor for attention to your housing needs.” (I think I would go by “Susan” or “Suzie” instead of “Sue” if I had that name), and “It’s not too late to enroll your child in the Grant Magnet School program.” Actually, it IS too late, our children are all in their 20’s! We had so much fun in there that we almost forgot to come back out of the stalls and return to our table in the bar.

Anyway, Dana and I didn’t talk about doing this or plan it but later when SLA said she was going to “the Ladies” we both leapt up and said “We’ll help you!” which got some funny looks from others at our table and the surrounding tables. Dana and I stood around combing our hair in the empty bathroom while SLA went into the stall. We then demanded that she read the ads aloud to us. She didn’t want to at first, but then started to read the ads loudly and with emphasis.

As Dana and I had hoped, more women came into the bathroom. SLA couldn’t hear the door and that other people had come in to the bathroom because of a noisy fan. So she kept reading the ads in her loud voice. Dana and I were cracking up, it was so funny. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the women who came in—some turned around and went right back out. We laughed so hard that we were crying and eventually SLA heard us giggling and stopped. But it was too late. Later in the evening we got some really odd looks from some of the women who had come into the bathroom while SLA was reading and we were rolling on the floor laughing!

Yep, that was a really fun night. I gotta do that again soon. Next time I won’t have so many Cosmopolitans though. I’m not much of a drinker, just a beer or two once in awhile, so those really nailed me good.

In keeping with the fun theme of today, here’s a picture of my ferrets. Now these are creatures that really know how to have fun. In fact fun is their life. It was hard to get a shot of them together, as they’re in constant motion, bouncing around! The whiter one is Nebby and the darker one with a face mask is Duggie. Aren't they adorable? At least I think so! It's a good thing too, as they are rather smelly creatures and a constant chore to keep clean!




10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Awwwwwwwww.....i luv them!

7:06 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I am glad you are mad now, that was a really crappy thing for him to do to you.

And I am not really a ferret person, at least not for myself, but they are cute to look at.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone cutting themselves on their undies before!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

awwww your ferrets are adorable...specially duggie, hes a real sweetie...

is our underwear trying to tell us something, like maybe we shouldn't be wearing any...lol

and i can't wait to get my package, its so exiting getting goodies in the mail, makes a change from all those bills...

have a great time at the harvest fair...

:0)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Glad you had a fun night. It's good to be crazy sometimes.

12:20 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

I am so so scared of ferrets I can't even begin to tell you.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Ferrets? I'm not scared of ferrets. But women's underwear!! Yikes!!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Mr G said...

at least now I know what women do in the ladies room...
have a nice WK!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Adorable ferrets!

I will make sure that I am VERY careful with my underwear from now on

Glad you are mad at the guy... flowers a friendship thing? who is he kidding... the jerk!

9:49 PM  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

After reading Katya's and your experiences with underwear lately, I'm afraid to put mine on. I think I'll stay in a robe all day today. (lol)

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home