Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hippies and building a hell

Well, yesterday was sort of a dud. Why are my Saturdays not turning out well the past two weeks? I hate having fun things all planned out and have the plans drop through. Oh well,

I did look for boots yesterday at the Mall. I hadn’t been there for a long time and just people watching was pretty interesting! I went into Bath and Body and found a wonderful scent “Autumn Apple”. I looked all over that table and the next trying to find “Autumn Apple” in a body lotion. A woman came to help me, as they do there. “We’re all out of that one” she told me. I asked when the next shipment was due and found out it was a seasonal special and that they weren’t getting any more!

Having struck out with both boot buying and body lotion, I went to Barnes and Noble and flipped through some interesting books, “Hippie” and some book and how to make it on the land which seemed to be mostly how to build bird feeders. While bird feeders are really nice, and Vegetable Man has several of them, with pretty little finches around them, I don’t think building bird feeders would help a farmer make a living! Unless he/she made bird feeders to sell, perhaps.

The “Hippie” book was actually pretty interesting as it was mostly about the music and the bands of that period. The store was playing Bob Dylan at the time I was reading it! I own (I think) 13 CDs of Bob Dylan, but need to be in the mood to hear that sort of music to play them. He went with the “Hippie” book quite well. Then I looked through a ring-bound book on Yoga. I only bought the Yoga book. But will need to rearrange my living room/kitchen/bedroom in order to have floor space to do it. I think I’ll give the huge old noisy exercise bike to Goodwill. That will free up some Yoga space. Maybe I could start using the mini-tramp again too, if there was enough room for it.

Great activity for a Sunday, thanks to Ms. Vile File I built my own hell!

Creationists, Parents who bring squalling brats to R-rated movies
Circle I Limbo

Crowds at airports
Circle II Whirling in a Dark & Stormy Wind

General asshats
Circle III Mud, Rain, Cold, Hail & Snow

People who call and hang up without leaving a message
Circle IV Rolling Weights

Road construction, People who can't park straight, or stay within the lines
Circle V Stuck in Mud, Mangled

River Styx

Loud cell phone talkers in a restaurant
Circle VI Buried for Eternity

River Phlegyas

People with carts blocking the aisles at the grocery store
Circle VII Burning Sands

Bosses who cheerfully bring a load of work when I'm already swamped
Circle IIX Immersed in Excrement

Slow drivers in the left lane, Glazed-ice roads
Circle IX Frozen in Ice

Design your own hell



But I was wondering….would it be cheating to put my FAVORITE things in my own hell? Then, either way, it wouldn’t be so bad! Just told my son about it and he suggested that a "Sim Hell" would be a really popular game! But that there would be such a outcry about it.

Finished reading "The Full Cupboard of Life" one of "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" series a few days ago and have started on “Hidden Prey” by John Sandford. It’s fiction about a murder in the nearby city where I work! It’s so cool to read about the restaurants, roads and landmarks that I know so well. What have you been reading lately?

I’m off to see my Mom, younger brother and his family. Have a sweet Sunday!

12 Comments:

Blogger ExBF said...

Excellent hell...boy that would be ugly. Oh, and hippies smell....

http://exgfproject.blogspot.com/

7:22 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

A Sim Hell, that's funny! I sometimes find myself in a certain situation (like being on the phone with insurance people, or by some bratty screaming kids) and thinking 'this is my Hell'.

How are you?

8:41 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

The body lotion made me laugh. We experience the same thing here. On everything. If you see anything you like you buy it immediately. You will never see it again. Ever..

8:51 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i love your version of hell, did you get my email btw...???

:0)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

design my own hell... hmmmm do they take request?

10:06 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

I just don't get it why some shops keep stuff on display when they've run out of stock and they are not getting it anymore! It's stupid... I once spent a whole day looking for a scarf my girlfriend had seen on a window of a clothes shop and it wasn't available (and was not going to be anymore) in any of the stores the company had in the city... The scarf was in display in all of them though! But they said they could not sell the display item! Who can explain that to me?!!

10:21 AM  
Blogger dan said...

thanks for the light relief.

it must be difficult given what's happening in your country.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

hippirs oooo i have married a family of them believe me and it is fun.

Dylan :my hubby is on a mission to collect his back catalogue. my mil lives by his lyris. I find him hard.

I hope Sunday is sweeter than your saturday turned out to be

3:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Isn't it great being able to recognise landmarks etc in books you read! Sounds as though your day turned out ok after all :)

12:51 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Hippies most certainly do not smell! The use of incense, scented candles and herbal lotions do not stinky hippies make...so there.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I used to love doing Yoga on a Tuesday morning. Rearrange and go for it, it'll be worth it! :-)

4:07 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Yes, someone get those slow drivers out of the left lane!!!

I agree. A Sim-Hell sounds like an excellent idea!

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home