Sunday, September 11, 2005

Always running a bit behind

Wa-hoo the biopsy and other test results came in the mail yesterday afternoon and then were normal!! I had kind of figured so, yet there's a part of me that kept worrying just a little. I still have the ultrasound test on Monday. The doctor set it up for me, so it's at the most inconvenient time, in the middle of a busy working day. Just found it about it on Friday, so have to let my boss know (without telling her all the details). She will wonder why I didn't set the appointment up for the end of the day, like I normally do for doctor and dentist appointments. I should yell at the doctor for scaring me by leaving that message on my phone, but I'm just happy that it's turned out OK so far.

Yesterday was a lot of fun, hope your Saturday was too. I caught up with some of my blogging, watered the gardens, showered (being very careful when getting dressed!) and got ready to go to the Harvest Fair. About half an hour before I was going to leave SLA called and begged for a mission of mercy--they were out of coffee. I quickly called Amanda and Anton back (the married friends) and told them not to wait for me at the entrance as planned, I'd catch up to them in the fair, later. It was lucky I reached them before they left home, as the whole mission of mercy thing ended up taking a lot longer than I had planned; had planned to meet A&A at 12:30 and didn't get there until almost 2:00, but it was really my own dilly-dallying fault.

I purposefully have not been going to the grocery store every week, it was costing too much. We were eating up what was left in the house. Normally we have an extra can of coffee but of course I had about a third of a can left when SLA called and no extra can. So I just brought her that, all the coffee I had left. She and her houseguest immediately made a pot of coffee and offered me the first cup, but I had already enjoyed my one allotted cup of coffee for the day. It was fun to play with all the animals, two big dogs (sometimes I miss having a big dog!) and lots of cats.

Apparently they go every Saturday for a $3 spaghetti feed at a bar on the western end of town and invited me. If I hadn't reached A&A and told them I would be late, I wouldn't have gone, but decided to go. I like to cram a lot of fun things into every Saturday if I can, it's my only real day off of the week. But I wasn't at all hungry and the food wasn't appealing and even the rest of the menu didn't sound good to me, so I just had a beer while they ate. They were planning to go out again on Saturday night with a larger group than we had gone out with on Thursday. It did sound sort of fun, but I wasn't sure and said I'd have to decide later because I'd gotten up so early. They said they were going home for a nap to rest up for the night and we went our separate ways, since we had driven there in separate cars.

So I hurried down to the Harvest Fair, wishing now that I hadn't taken the non-spaghetti break. It was already 2:00 and the event ended at 4:00. I couldn't find A&A and their horse-loving friend until almost 3:00 and they were ready to go! They were going to Perkins and Amanda still had my Stamping Up order from months ago. So I said I would meet them there, but I wanted to buy some honey and some produce before leaving. I wandered around truly wishing I had come earlier and that I would have had time to look at the interesting booths and exhibits and run into people I know. The Harvest Fair is only once a year and I had kind of blown it! Bought some tomatoes, green peppers, cabbage and a squash and then found some blueberry honey and had to walk back to the car.

As I left the Harvest Fair I was (unrealistically) thinking, "maybe I can hurry at Perkins and make it back here before it closes!" Actually I ended up beating them to Perkins, don't know how that happened unless they had been parked further away than I had, as they left much, much earlier than I did. I got my Stamping Up stuff finally, having lost my initial enthusiasm for it. Haven’t even looked at it yet today either. And had a raspberry iced tea while they each had some pie. We had a lot of fun, as I really enjoy their company, but it was too late to go back to the Harvest Fair by the time we were done. And then I had to stop on the way home and get groceries, finally after several weeks--because we had no coffee in the house!

By the time I got home, it was well after 6:00 p.m. and I decided that although Thursday night had been really fun, I didn't really want to make it my lifestyle going out to bars and getting drunk! It's kind of like having a piece of pie, good once in a while, but I don't want one very often.

"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane, and the pessimist, the parachute."
--Gil Stern

This fun quizzy thing is from Justitia (Michelle)

How You Life Your Life

You are honest and direct. You tell it like it is.
You are always tactful and diplomatic. You let people down gently.
Your friends tend to be a as quirky as you are - which is saying a lot!
You tend to always dream of things within reach - and you usually get them.

12 Comments:

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

mine is same as yours. something must be wrong then..... i thought i was way way way negative LOL

8:38 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

WOW you had a jam packed Saturday, I have never heard of blueberry honey though is sounds very interesting (and yummy). Havea good day

8:39 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

ooooo sorry I am glad that your results were good. Good luck with the ultra sound

8:40 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

YAY!!

I had the same thing done a year ago, I was scared to death so I know the relief you are feeling.

Now my sis is getting a biopsy done on Monday, I hope and pray hers turns out the same.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Glad your biopsy were normal. I'm not sure I follow the whole story but normal sounds great! We went to a cheese festival. I live in the town that invented Velvetta Cheese! Whoppee!

My Results to
*** How You Life Your Life ***
-You have a good sense of self control and hate to show weakness.
-You're laid back and chill, but sometimes you care too much about what others think.
-You tend to have one best friend you hang with, as opposed to many aquaintences.
-You tend to dream big, but you worry that your dreams aren't attainable.

Interesting.....

11:02 AM  
Blogger Mr G said...

Good that test are OK!

Sounds like you had a BUSY day...

If I had only one cup of coffe a day I think I'd die!

2:46 PM  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

Everything in moderation... Very good post, and I enjoed the quote too!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yaaaaaay for the biopsy results..wooohoooo!!!
Now lookie here, are you trying to make me feel guilty about my 6 coffees a day? LOL!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm blueberry honey, my god that sounds delicious, thankgoodness i can't buy it here, i'd eat the whole jar!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Restless Angel said...

Mmmmm... blueberries? And honey? together!!???

*licks lips* Sounds fantastic!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Great news on your test results. THe waiting sucks but the news was great.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

So pleased abutthe results of your tests! It must be a weight off your mind!

3:06 AM  
Blogger dan said...

im' pleased your biopsy results went okay.

hope the unltrasound goes qually well.

isn't it a pain getting time off work for medical stuff?

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home