Sunday, September 18, 2005

The last day before the trip

OK, today is a new and better day! Actually yesterday turned out very well. Vegetable Man IM’d me for an hour while I was catching up with my blog-reading, which was fun and cheery. But I had too much to do to get ready for my trip to take a much-wanted run out to the farm yesterday. The first thing he asked after hearing about my job woes was if I had told my boss and co-workers “to go f***k themselves.” So that was quite encouraging just to think about it, but I would never really do it. He sent me some interesting pictures which I will post one by one. A few of them are funny work-related photos, but not this one:








So after talking to VM for long enough to feel all positive and cheered up, I ventured off to the bank to withdraw money for the trip, spent two hours at work finishing up (nobody was there), then off to try on and buy clothes at three different places! I had a lot of fun even though I spent too much money. Did get some back for the clothes I returned but my purchases were far more expensive than the refund money. I still need to redo my finger and toenails with polish and do a couple of other things before I go.

My horoscope from Friday:
Try not to get too tense or stressed-out if you find yourself frustrated in your efforts to make progress today. You might be feeling a bit overwhelmed by small details and endless interruptions right now. But try not to let yourself get defensive, impatient or argumentative. Many of these little problems should be dealt with before long.

And this!
Today's emotional Pisces Full Moon reflects the light of the practical Virgo Sun and you will feel it in many areas of your life. The gulf between your inner and outer worlds is magnified now and even your highly developed analytical skills cannot make enough sense of it all to relieve the tension. If you have been at odds with your boss or some other authority figure, it would be best to acknowledge who is in control and get on with your appointed chores.

If you have a disagreement with someone now, chances are that it could grow out of proportion pretty quickly. With your planet, Mercury, activating passionate Pluto today, your own tendency toward irritability stimulates confrontation. It's important that you make an effort at clear communication and steer clear of hidden agendas.

From my E-mail (versions of these have been around for awhile)
Church Bulletin Bloopers

- The Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.

- Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.

- The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement Friday at 7 PM. The Congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.

- Thursday night Potluck Supper. Prayer and medication to follow.

- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.

- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What Is Hell?" Come early and listen to our choir practice.

A Prayer for Dinner Parties

A woman invited some people to dinner. At the table, she turned to her six-year-old daughter and said, "Would you like to say the blessing?"

"I wouldn't know what to say," she replied.

"Just say what you hear Mommy say," the mother said.

The child bowed her head and said, "Dear Lord, why on earth did I invite all these people to dinner?"

Caught on the Job

The new army recruit was given guard duty at 2 a.m. He did his best for a while, but at about 4 a.m. he went to sleep. He awakened to find the officer of the day standing before him.

Remembering the heavy penalty for being asleep on guard duty, this smart young man kept his head bowed for another moment and looked upward and reverently said, “A-a-a-men!”

Did you notice the nuns are sitting on stools and it's not some sort of x-ray vision? Have a great sunny Sunday!

9 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

Ooooooooh you sound much better. I hope it continues. I am glad you got to talk to VM and do a bit or retail therapy. Going into the office when noone is around sounds like a very good idea even if it is the weekend, will you be ahead of yourself for next week now? I hope so.
Look after yourself. Have a good Sunday

8:01 AM  
Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

i did guard duty before... i hate it.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Love that picture with the nuns. I wonder if they realize just how it looks.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PBS: Yeah I agree with Vegetable Man and Fizzy. You were let go? To hell with them! We back you 100% and shopping is a good release. I had two down days this week due to computer woes. But I found a deal on three dress ties! I think they probably did you a favor and your next gig will be something better. Plus a trip is SMART. Use it to outline what you want differently about the next gig. Then we'll all come over to your flat and bring our own booze to celebrate! lol

1:37 PM  
Blogger Restless Angel said...

That picture is just too funny! And shopping is dangerous... especially as therapy! *laughing*

3:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OOoooo, i love retail therapy! You definately sound a little more relaxed...wonderful.
I do hope everything goes well for you, you'll certainly look a million dollars!

5:48 PM  
Blogger dan said...

"...was if I had told my boss and co-workers “to go f***k themselves"."

something i have done myself but since learnt that burning bridges is not a good idea.

"Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door."

6:19 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I don't enjoy shopping. Guess I'll stick to writing. ;)

I'll be at that meeting Dan mentioned. Just so you'll know me, I'll be the one who looks weary.

3:57 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Ha! It took me a few moments to figure out what was happening in that photo.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home