Thursday, September 15, 2005

Again, too much water

Well made it through the day yesterday at work. It was so busy. I know I just keep saying that but it just keeps getting busier, if such a thing was possible. Right after work I had my first colonic hydrotherapy. I’m not going to describe it in detail here. If you don’t already know what it is and you’re curious (and don’t say I didn’t warn you!) search for it on Google. Needless to say, it was a weird experience and I’m supposed to have another one when I get back from DC.

I don’t think I will do that. The procedure is controversial with some people claiming miracles of regained health from it and others warning that it’s very dangerous. So I had the experience and it did nothing for me. So the one time is enough, despite the enthusiastic reviews from some acquaintances. I am willing to try new things but expect some sort of positive results for my money.

Vegetable Man has had acupuncture done. He’s not sure it helped at all and it was somewhat painful despite what they told him that it would be painless. And he’s not a sissy about pain but stoic. He went two or three times to have it done.

Have you had any alternative health care? What is your verdict about it?

From my E-mail
Cat Jokes for cat lovers (unfortunately, I’m allergic to cats)
Managing senior programmers is like herding cats."
- Dave Platt

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow."
- Jeff Valdez

"There is no snooze button for a cat that wants breakfast."
-Anonymous

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods.
Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats."
- English proverb

"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat."
- Ellen Perry Berkeley

"One cat just leads to another."
- Ernest Hemingway

"Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later."
- Mary Bly

"Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia."
- Joseph Wood Krutch

"People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life."
- Faith Resnick

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
- Hippolyte Taine

"There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats."
- Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer

The cat has too much spirit to have no heart."
- Ernest Menaul

"No heaven will not ever Heaven be; Unless my cats are there to welcome me."
- Anonymous

"Time spent with cats is never wasted."
- Colette

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well."
- Missy Dizick

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
- Colonial American proverb

"Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want."
- Joseph Wood Krutch

"Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit."
- John S. Nichols

"The smallest feline is a masterpiece."
-- Leonardo Da Vinci

"Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it."
-- Anonymous

"Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

19 Comments:

Blogger Fish said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Fish said...

I tried hypnotherapy once...I sat in the chair for an hour listening to the therapist chatting to what he thought was my subconscious, it didn't work of course but it was wonderfully relaxing.

Love the cat thing, so true. There's a photo on my blog you might enjoy, Monday 11th of July. Alfie has had a thorough tongue bath courtesy of the Spaniel

5:53 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

The only 'alternative' treatments I have had are Chiropractic. Oh, and I believe that some herbal remedies are better than traditional medicines.

I just love the cat quotes!!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I havn't tried any alternative remedies. I think I would give certain ones some thought though

Loved the cat quotes. I hadn;t heard of that british one though. The last two are my faves. After being the "owner" of a male cat for about 13 years I know that you can not own a cat.
HAve a good day

6:33 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I would like to try that colonic hydrotherapy actually. I haven't tried any alternative therapies but hypnotherapy to help me lose weight intrigues me and I've herd very good things about Reiki healing.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Love the cat quotes! So true!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

i've not tried any type of therapies, i'm a total wuss, although my father in law has had acupuncture and found it very good...

:0)

i love the cat quotes

7:23 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I've wanted to do the colonic thing but I just haven't got up enough gumption to do it yet. I'm a big chicken! :)

Other than herbal remedies, I haven't tried any alternative treatments.

7:39 AM  
Blogger dan said...

Cats often scare the crap out of me when I go out in the yard at night with my telescope.

I never get used to the fact that there will be one lurking.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I suggest beer as the best form of hydrotherapy.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

my cousin was trying to talk me into getting a colonic the other day. I'm with Stacy. Still trying to drum up the nerve.

9:00 AM  
Blogger katie said...

I have tried acupuncture, and I try to use herbal remedies when it's nothing all that serious. I'm pretty much willing to try anything once.

1:44 PM  
Blogger dot said...

I've never tried any alternative therapies.

I wonder what the theory is behind colonic hydrotherapy improving your health?

4:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hope all went well with the hydrotherapy. When do you get the results? are there results to be gat even? I need to go look it up on the net.

"there's no snooze button for a cat that wants breakfast"
sheesh, aint that the truth lol

6:11 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I've been treated for headaches and bladder infections by aromatherapy---I found it uninvasive, relaxing and effective.

8:36 PM  
Blogger dot said...

I'm tagging you, sweetie.

If you've done a meme in the last 6 months, I'll forgive you if you don't want to do it. =)

10:40 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

Been there, done that 3 times...it worked for me. Yes it is a distinctive experience...one I relate with the use of a garden hose for poetic reasons. That always gets a few laughs for an unfunny situation.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hypnotherapy usually only works for those of us who are willing. For those who are like me a huge skeptic, no one can put us under! I just spend the whole time giggling LOL
I have had accupunture on my neck and back.......i don't think it did a thing. The best treatment i have ever had is sports massage....heaven!

4:39 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I would definitely get acupuncture if I needed it because it's only an alternative medicine in comparison to western practices. I've seen enough of its effectiveness to be convinced even if I don't quite know how it works. :)
As for the enemas, um... maybe I'd try it? I don't really see how it'd be dangerous. Just extremely unpleasant?

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home