Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Gotta have a Goal

It seems as though I always need to have a goal or a project to work on. This is probably true of most people, so I don't feel like I'm really super-special or anything! Lately I've been reading minimalist blogs. Before that "living simple" books were one of my passions.

The ironic thing is, if you saw my house, you would laugh. It's quite far from living simply and further still from minimalistic living. Yet, that's my goal and my dream, to someday live in a tiny little place, with barely any furnishings or belongings.

Wait, that was sort of like my tiny little studio house in the country, at least before my son moved in with me. So I've already (sort of) done it. That's good news and encouraging because right now it seems quite daunting to subtract most of the things contained in this (much larger) house.

My bedroom is piled with heaps of clothing, sorted and rejected from the clothes-hangers to await disposal. I have a lot of clothes. They weren't purchased new but gained from friends, rummage sales and thrift stores. There are altogether too many boxes of decorations, too much jewelry, too much furniture and too much paper. There's a lot of clearing out for me to do!

What's your current or latest goal, and how is that going for you?

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Writing and spending more time with the guitar. We had to rebuild my blog site twice and I'll make sure to re-add you, PBS! Nice of you to stop by. Thank you!! :)

12:19 AM  
Blogger Johnboy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:32 AM  
Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Sorry that was me, I was logged into another account!! Kids!

I'll try again!

My goals are to keep on doing what I do, but better. Whether that's dj-ing, creating, blogging, parenting etc. I enjoy what I do but I often feel I could do it better.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Simple, uncluttered living is a laudable goal. I don't know that I have a goal like that, particularly early in the morning.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

At first glance I thought it said "Gotta have a Goat". Now it makes less sense. And I'm working on not being dead. So far so good.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

I try not to make goals because I have enough to worry about now.
Less is good they say.
I think it comes down the the size of where you live.
The bigger the place the more stuff.
Every time i get rid of something i like how the empty space opens the place up but before you know it i need it to put something else.
It's a cruel world.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Oh yeah, welcome back, I was going to leave a comment down there but i was getting a little dizzy.
I to have wondered what has happened to some of my blogging friend who just stopped posting.
Damn facebook

10:56 PM  
Blogger Busy Bee Suz said...

I always feel I am in a constant battle to simplify as well.
In my next life (or in 10 years) I will live in a smaller place..with less stuff and more TIME.
Have a great weekend.
Thank you for all your sweet comments.
xo

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home