Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Arrrggggghhhh!

I have a sick three-year-old in the house who is driving me crazy. And yes, I agree that sounds rather unkind of me to say. But unless you've been through it--and if you have children, you certainly have--it's hard to describe how hearing the same thing over and over for 48 hours can WEAR on a person! I love the little fellow dearly but hearing all the whining and repeating the same three lines again and again has driven away what little sanity that still remained. Yikes! Living child-free was so wonderfully quiet and peaceful. It's nearing seven months of living together as an extended family in this 2-bedroom house. I really don't know how people did this in the "olden days" haha, probably only because there weren't any other options!

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We babysit daily, and it's hard, but at least we come home to peace and quiet at night.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

New rule - healthy children inside, sick ones outside.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, the poor baby.
I would recommend DEEP breaths for you...and perhaps a story book for him. Sorry....yes, been there and done that.
Oh, the memories. ;)
take care, Suz

1:25 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

I truly admire people who willingly take on the responsibility and commitment of caring for their grandchildren each day! Wow, good for you AC!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

This is why they gave kids a spoon of rum.
To knock them out and shut them up

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home