Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sans comments, maybe not a bad thing?

A vacation from blogging is a little premature, since I've only been back for one post. I was having a fun time reading other blogs and suddenly I couldn't comment on them anymore. This might be a GOOD thing for the blogs I was visiting, but I wasn't too happy about it. Spent some time messing around to try to restore this function, with no luck. I guess you will know when it's restored for me, because until then, there won't be any comments from me on your blogs. As I said, maybe not such a bad thing. I do prefer a conversation over a monologue--from me or from anybody else. Also spell-checking my post has also been disabled, for some strange reason. Both the comments and spell-checking were working fine when I started this new blogging run.

Blog visiting was quite interesting, many of my old bloggy friends are still around and some of them are not here anymore. When someone just stops posting, I think about them once in awhile and wonder: what happened? My son had an online friend who died recently and says it's very sobering to go to his site (which is still up, probably nobody else has his password) and see his happy posts about his girlfriend and about his life, photos and all. I bet it is very sobering, especially because they are/were so young.

Yep, it does make me wonder when someone suddenly stops blogging, but maybe they just had better things to do, haha! Facebook isn't really a better thing to do but it's much quicker than blogging. Blogging is more fun and rewarding, however.

Thank you for all of your comments. I sure hope I'll be able to comment on other blogs again soon. If not, please realize that I've probably visited you!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Izzy said...

I'm still around, just blogging under a different name at a different place, and I facebook too, it's a good way to keep in touch.

deni...from the former Time to Tell

12:58 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I guess you can post on mine because it's not a Blogger account. Start a new blog?

1:05 PM  
Blogger PBS said...

I've thought about that AC, and maybe it's a good idea. This blog has been hidden from most of my "real life" friends because of some of the things I've said in the past (mostly about work)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Busy Bee Suz said...

Facebook is not nearly as fun as blogging if you ask me. A break is SOMETIMES necesary for us all.
xo
Suz

7:26 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Hello there; glad to see you back. And I know that thing about the blog of a deceased friend still up---I made my daughter promise to take mine down if I don't last longer than my blog

3:43 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

If you're still having problems, you might want to try a different browser if that is an option. I haven't had any issues with commenting, and since I use Firefox I rely on its automatic spell check.

9:08 AM  
Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I often wonder what will happen to my blog once I'm dead. As no one in my real life has found it yet (I hope) I suppose it will just sit there getting full of spam. Sad, but I'll be dead, so I shouldn't care really.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home