Monday, August 03, 2009

Is it wrong?

Is it just plain wrong to put vegetarian chili on a hot dog and make a chili dog? How would you vote on that?


The Obvious Answers Quiz
(Passing grade - 40%)

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?

2) Which country makes Panama hats?

3) From which animal do we get catgut?

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?

6) The Canary Islands are named after what animal?

7) What was King George VI's first name?

8) What color is a purple finch?

9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?

10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?


Now, before listing the answers, let's talk about the chili dog...
A friend from church gave me the vegetarian chili. The next time that she saw me she asked if I liked it. I told her honestly, very much! I didn't reveal, however, that I'd enjoyed it on top of a hotdog, and that two kinds of cheese were sprinkled on top and some BBQ sauce, too. Yummy!


OK, here are the answers:

QUIZ ANSWERS
1) How long did the Hundred Years War last? 116 years
2) Which country makes Panama hats? Ecuador
3) >From which animal do we get cat gut? Sheep and Horses
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? November
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of? Squirrel fur
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? Dogs
7) What was King George VI's first name? Albert
8) What color is a purple finch? Crimson

Tricky, eh? I found the quiz online. So what's new in your life?

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

I have no trouble at all mixing vegetarian with carnivorous food - as long as I am not vegetarian.

Those questions are tricky aren't they? Makes you wonder why they called them those names in the first place.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I've had and made vegetarian chili, and with absolutely no meat I think it's missing a key flavor that added spice just can't obscure. However, on top of a hot dog (especially a meaty one like Nathan's or Hebrew National) I think it could be fine.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I agree with Grant--I never enjoy vegetarian chili as much as one with meat. I do like it with turkey and I'd mix without regret as long as I wasn't a vegetarian. I was for a while, but I didn't reap any benefits and it was a nuisance.

9:02 AM  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

I see nothing wrong with vegetarian chili on a hot dog. My mom does it with turkey dogs to make it healthier.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

I so got all those answers wrong cept catgut.. how sick is it that I knew that one!! And whats wrong with veg chilli on a hot dog.Its good : )P

1:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, I've missed this one...but it made me think! Hope you are happy and well, PBS!!!!

1:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, that's cool! :D)

10:59 AM  
Blogger Tamara said...

coolness...copy/paste time!!!!
hugggs

6:54 AM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Working w/ little time to read all the questions(bummer)..but had to pop in and see how you are doing,hun.
Never heard of veggie dogs.lol
I might NEED to knock off the million calorie hot dogs these days though.That's for sure.lol
Be back to read rest of Q. and A.'s
hugggggs*

7:42 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

I mix veggies and meat all the time.
Get some fiber in there to help pry it out after LOL

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home