Thursday, March 15, 2007

The writing on the wall

My little widget didn't work so well on the blog page. I was aware of that and trying to fix it for so long that I nearly was late to work. Oh well. I like to read the descriptions of those anyway, and not just the titles.

The Boss called me to come with her a few days ago--marched me off like a little kid-- to point out something that (someone else did) that the Boss didn't like. Did the Boss realize that that particular job was clearly on someone else's (written and distributed to all staff) list of tasks? I hope so.

The Boss had asked me to make a list of everything I did and distribute it at a staff meeting. Apparently nobody, not even The Boss has actually READ the list! Other staff come to me for the other people's stuff yet too and I re-direct them. Yikes! Do I need to enlarge the lists and put them on the wall?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Get you one of those flow charts like they used to use at school and pin it to the wall so they FINALLY get it.

Nothing irks me more than when I get transfer calls and people sent up to my office and I can't help them...they need to speak to someone in a different department for help. Half the time (ESPECIALLY on the phone), they go thru a ten minute speech about what happened and what they need and I can't get a word in edgewise...and by the time it's MY turn to talk, I've got to tell them "Sorry, you need to speak to someone in the Domestic Department or the Felony Depart for that." They get SO aggravated because now they have to go thru the whole "What I need..." thing again. All because the switchboard or the information desk sent them to the wrong person in the first place.

Hope it gets better for you!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Widget? I must have missed it.

Hopefully things get better for you now that they're taking notice of what you do and what the Temp does.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Make another list, frame the thing and put it on everyones desk so they can see it until they get used to who does what.

I can see where she is so confortable with her being hired that she is slacking off on what she doesn;t want to do. That's BZ fault for making this job a one horse race.
I hope it gets better

Have a nice day

1:14 PM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

I think an A3 size list would be best. Laminated
and Framed

4:51 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

You have my sympathy!

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home