Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Fat lip

I did it! I went and applied at the retail store. While I was answering questions on the kiosk, the automotive department was putting in a new right headlight and new wiper blades on the jeep. It came to $21, probably the lowest car repair bill ever. Those are both things that a person really could do themselves. I'd like to learn how to do stuff like that. But the only thing was, I was going to get picked up for driving with only one headlight. Then they would probably find something else too, like I didn't stop completely at the last stop sign or something. So there wasn't time to mess around, it just needed to be fixed right away.

The store may not call me, I don't have retail experience except a long time ago in the college bookstore. And maybe they don't have openings, but I doubt that. The last time I was there they were very short on cashiers. I'm hoping that they will need some more people. I signed up for weekends and three nights per week. We'll see what happens.

I've had a fat lip for the past two days. It's a new, really bad and painful habit of biting my lips while I'm sleeping. I've also been chewing the insides of my cheeks. Don't know what the heck is causing that but I want it to stop! It really hurts and this lip thing is noticable to others. Maybe a mouth guard would help, I'm going to check into that. I'm on a diet again and maybe I'm so hungry that I'm chewing in my sleep?! Well, what's new in your world?

7 Comments:

Blogger Ms Mac said...

Oooh, good luck for your application!

Maybe you need to start wearing some night-time head-gear for the fat lip problem! ;-)

7:06 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yes, good luck on your application! I applied for part-time work at Home Depot but they never called me back...but I didn't want to work the cash register and told them so (I'd rather be a "behind-the-scenes" worker).

That lip biting sounds painful...you need to get that taken care of as soon as possible!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

My dentist advises a mouthguard at night, but I think it would drive me crazy and be a waste of money.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck! They'd be foolish not to hire such a hard worker as you are.

This is embarrassing, but I chew on my lip and sometimes the inside of my cheek when I'm nervous. I have no idea how the habit started, but it almost makes me cringe to go to the dentist. And I've always loved going to the dentist!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

Puffy lips are very sexy. Maybe it's a good thing! LOL!

Good luck with the retail job, but here in Canada, retail jobs are notoriously low paying.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Try slathering your lips with baby oil before bedtime. I know it sounds messy, but it could work....

7:08 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Maybe you should try to make that fat lip work for you---look at Goldie Hahn. Good luck with the job application---it can be a source of relief from the first one....

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home