Saturday, March 03, 2007

Have mercy on me

There were photos of the storm in the online version of the newspaper. I tried to save and unload many of them and not a one worked out. Oh well. My son is coming home today. They had bad weather down there too, so I hope he makes it back OK. He has to work today, which is why he's coming back home.

Guess I'm in better shape than I'd thought, because I spent two hours just digging out the jeep yesterday. I went out at 9:30 to clean the front porch, stairs and walkway, and didn't get back in until 12:30--for a total of three hours of shoveling! And what shoveling it was: the snow was from waist to shoulder height, to get to the bottom of a little-little spot took about ten shovelfuls. Then, because the banks were so high, each shovelful had to be lifted and thrown over the banks. I thought I'd not be able to get out of bed this morning after three hours of that!

So digging out the front and the jeep were good accomplishments yesterday. And now I can drive to get my Mom for our Saturday jaunt. But today I still have a half a block to shovel! Remember the post about buying houses on corner lots? Yep, I have a whole lot of shoveling left to do. Son will be at work, working long hours both today and tomorrow. I'm hoping one of the neighbors with a snow blower will have mercy on me today and at least run a track through the half block long sidewalk.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

what a way to spend your Saturday---what happened to lazy bookreading and capuccinos?

11:25 AM  
Blogger Fizzy said...

WOW you must be fit if you did not hurt this morning. I can not imagine having to have to dig so much snow out, I hope that a neighbour takes pity on you. I thought you would like the photos

12:58 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Thank God for good neighbors. We have a snow blower, but our neighbor came over with his (a sit down one...must be nice) and helped us dig out our driveway. Even so, the whole project with me shoveling manually, Bing and our neighbor snowblowing and Liv rolling around in the snow...it took over 3 hours too.

No one can say we aren't hardy women, eh?

2:05 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Oh my...I can't even imagine shoveling that much snow. I get tired with the half inch we get here!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jotabello said...

Uf, mercy on you!!
Thank God 4 the neighbors :S.

Well, just take care of the snow.... he he.
bye

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home