Thursday, March 08, 2007

Just tell me the truth

No call from the retail place yet. Maybe I won't get one. I'd be disappointed but somewhat relieved to not have to negociate getting March 31 off to judge the annual History Day competition. It will be the 6th time I've judged for it, junior exhibits each time but the last time, when I judged senior exhibits. Juniors were a lot more fun and competitive. There were only a few senior exhibits--in fact I judged them all and selected who would go to state last year. I'm glad to be back in juniors again.

My friend SLA judged for it once, VMan judged for it once, and a few other friends have tried it. They were low on judges this year so I tried to recruit the above people, and more. Everyone who has judged has raved about how fun it was, but they all are "too busy" to do it again. In my world, if I really want to do something, I will find a way. Maybe I'm just not as busy as some people? But sometimes I think it's an excuse for "don't want to." If someone tells me that they don't want to do something, I won't bother them with it again. Seems like a quicker and easier thing just to be honest about it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sometimes I think that we sorta wanna do things, but it's a lot of trouble too, so we also sorta donwnna too.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I feel the same...I've applied to several places for part-time evening work...but honestly, I reallt don't want to work two jobs!!! Not sure I can handle a full time joba AND a part-time job too. Ugh!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I understand your frustration with the temp. It's hard when someone keeps "borrowing" things when you darn good and well that they won't ever pay you back. It gets old...very quick!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Buy her some stamps.

The temp is going to have to do her share or you will only have more work and a bigger headack.
You need a break by the sound of it or a good party ;)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Oh, dear..."never a borrower or a lender be." I think that was old Ben Franklin.

And a lazy temp is going to be a real pain in the neck when she moves on up.

I say buy her some stamps with cartoon character theme and tell her they reminded you of her.

9:27 PM  
Blogger deni said...

Well, she may be making a mistake if she slacking since she isn't actually hired YET.

I'm still looking for a new job, I really hate the whole process.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home