Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Oh BRRRR and Oh BRRR Again

We have a windchill of -40 this morning. The actual temperature is "only" around -20 but there's a stiff, strong and very cold wind in addition to that. I have the Jeep plugged in but I hope it starts! If not, there's always the bus. But I'm not so gung-ho on standing out there to wait for it, nor walking the six or more blocks down to our new office location once I get off the bus.

Yikes, it's cold! Inside too, even though I had the heat turned up (in theory) quite far, I don't think it topped 60F upstairs--which feels quite cold IN-doors.

I'm settling into my new office at work. It sure is nice to not be interruped constantly, which is what happens to anyone sitting at the front desk. Have a great day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

40º??? Oh that's just TOO DAMN COLD!!!

And I was pissing and moaning because it was 46º when I left the house this morning!!!

Stay warm!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I got chills just reading this post! I do not envy that kind of cold.

I didn't realize you got an office now. I guess there is a positive side to things.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I'm so happy to hear you have a new office and you don't have to sit out front all the time.

I worked for a manager once that used to come down the row and talk to each of us for hours. Then she'd get upset that we didn't get things done fast enough.

I worked 7-4 and when she came in at 7:30 I was the only on there. I had to sit and listen to her talk about her cats (I have cats and love cats, but I don't want to constantly hear about anyone's cats) for an hour and a half every morning until she moved on to someone else. I changed my work time and then eventually transferred out of the department because it was just so rediculous.

1:59 PM  
Blogger deni said...

Brrrr, I don't know how you can stand it, it finally warmed up to 50 here.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I don't like chatters at work. Did you ever notice that the most chatty ones are always the ones who are the first to pass on dirt?

I have three really good friends at work and ok...we chat, but I like to work up to chatting, you know?

I'm always leery of the ones who bring me a coffee or a sweet roll just to be friendly. I am not sure this is my most endearing trait....

Nice blog, by the way. Thanks for stopping by mine...

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home