Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sleeping around

I like variety in sleeping places and now that we're in a bigger house, I can do that again. The little country cabin had three choices for sleeping, the futon or the couch, and the big brown recliner chair all in the living room. Sadly, we don't have the recliner any more. It wouldn't fit up the apartment stairs and I wish we'd just stored it so we'd have it now, but I truly thought we were going to be tenants for years at least. I really miss having the recliner and saw that the place where I bought the new couch and chair had 30% off on the exact match recliner to our living room set!

So amid the other shopping on Friday, I went to check it out. The price tag said $900, so I went to ask, figuring that was the base price, not the sale price. But the actual price was around $1500 and the SALE price was $900. That was just too much for a recliner, so I resumed shopping for smaller, cheaper things like dog food and groceries. Although it was disappointing to not be able to buy the recliner, it did make me feel pretty good about the price I'd paid for the couch and the chair!

At this house I have the bed in my bedroom, of course, but also the (nice, soft!) leather couch in the living room, the futon in the balcony part of the loft and the other bed in the back (private with a door) room of the loft. There's also the old couch in the family room downstairs but since son has friends in and out, I wouldn't sleep there. So many choices! The futon has a skylight above it, so that's pretty cool, and from up in the loft you can really hear the rain falling on the roof. I like sleeping on the couch in the living room too, but probably most often just sleep in my regular bed. I do miss having a recliner as a sleeping choice, though.

Speaking of rain, it's raining out this morning, after being drizzly slush and slippery yesterday. The interstate bridge was especially treacherous to drive because of the high wind and slipperiness. I normally like rain but this house has a leak in the basement in my son's bedroom! We've patched it, sort of, but obviously not well enough. There's a weird chink in the siding up on the front porch, by the front door. It's exactly over the leak and that's where the water is coming in. Some weeks ago I called the former owner/real estate seller and asked him the name of the siding company. He and his wife had just had this house sided last fall. I'm hoping the same company can put some sort of patch on it, better and more permanent than we did!

Happy Tuesday to you!

8 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

It's always something when you buy a house, after a while all the little problems start popping out.

That's an awful lot of money for a recliner, was it lined in gold? LOL

5:38 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You're such a tramp! :)

6:27 AM  
Blogger katie said...

900 dollars for a recliner!! Geez.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I don't see how you can sleep in all those places. If I fall asleep on the couch I wake up with a crook in my neck. I'm too spoiled I guess to my regular bed!

10:13 AM  
Blogger angela marie said...

My husband is like that. Likes to fall asleep on the couch, and probably a recliner if we had one!

I like to snuggle in my bed, that's it. :)

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you moved again! I am soooo behind! Hope it's going ok. x

1:47 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Now that we replaced our mattress and upgraded at the same time, my bed is the only place I want to or can sleep.

Funny how your body finds some place that's comfy and wants to return there to rest. My little dog seems to feel the same way about his bed. Of all the places he used to curl up, now his bed is his only favorite.

3:13 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

We have only 2 bedrooms...and I hope to take over the 2nd one when 'it' graduates from the University this coming June. He's not living with me until he's 40! I want a sewing room. We have 2 living rooms...one in front and one in back of house...the later has a sofa bed in it when people visit. As long as it isn't really hard...I can sleep just about anywhere.

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home