Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Weekend, revisited

Yeah, I WISH I could revisit last weekend, a three-day long one! It's just that I forgot to mention some of the stuff I did on the weekend. I got out of the habit of blogging everyday, and out of the habit of journaling, too. I've journaled since I was 15-years old, so I don't want to stop or break that habit.

First, the Packers beat the Vikings! That's a plus in my book. Although the Vikings are my second favorite team, I still don't want them to go beating the Packers. My family are all life-long Packer fans, even my brother who moved to Indiana. His kids are even Packer fans! But my son and his friends are all Vikings fans, having all grown up (and most still living) in Minnesota. He does like the Packers second-best though, sort of a reverse to my lineup.

Speaking of my son, two different places have hired him! He has to make a decision of which by Wednesday. Also, he needs to find or get his Social Security Card, and it's probably much harder to get a copy now, with all of the identity theft. He still is enjoying school, which is good. He didn't like high school much but has good memories of some of the things he and his friends did during that time!

I also got to download a batch of music when son hooked up the speed internet to my computer! It was so lovely, I wish I had it all the time but can't afford it or cable TV either. At least for the next few years.

Last weekend I watched the movie "The Way We Were" borrowed from the public library. I remember watching that movie as a young woman and thinking it was a sweet, sad love story. This time I cried through much of it! What a difference a few years and lots of heartache can make. It brought back lots of old memories of past loves. I still don't like Barbara in it that well. She's so loud, shrill, rude and unpleasant.

They are hiring for the 911 Dispatcher job again. It pays $3/hour less than what I'm getting right now, which is quite a drop. Plus I'd be on probation for a time. What if I didn't make it? It's a tough job which requires very fast thinking, not my forte, plus there's the being buried alive down in that underground bunker thing. It's not like my current job would take me back if things didn't work out, either. Most employers are funny that way. If you leave them for whatever reason, they don't ever want you back. They would rather take a chance on somebody new. I just find that sort of odd and vengeful. My current job, for example, will not even refer to anyone who left by their names! It's a taboo to ever mention them again. I guess the company considers an employee leaving as the ultimate betrayal.

Well, have a great Tuesday!

7 Comments:

Blogger gal artist said...

I guess companies figure if you leave once you will do it again, that's why the no rehiring policy.

Thanks for your support for my niece.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

It's so wierd here, some people leave, come back, leave, come back, and then leave again. Others leave and they are considered traitors and never spoke of again. I still wonder what the difference is???

8:01 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

I know $3 an hour is a lot to lose but you're really not satisfied with your current position. Maybe you should have a good think about applying for the dispatcher job.

And maybe I should stop giving out unsolicited advice! ;-)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I know what you mean. My favourite and second-favourite hockey teams played last night. Although I cheer for team 2 against everybody else, it's still no contest when they play each other.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

My friend works as a 911 dispatcher/nurse etc..Very high pressure, and extremely stressful.

Goodluck if you go in that direction.

3:03 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

If they feel someone leaving them as a betrayal...then perhaps they should treat people better.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I am so hoping that you find another job.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home