Monday, October 16, 2006

Testing, one…two…

The civil service test I took on Saturday was not the typical test. It had fuzzy black and white drawings of various parts of office machines to identify, like the collator of a copy machine! It also went into detailed questions about Excel and Access, and even though I use both at work, there were a couple of questions where I had to guess.

The accounting portions (2) would have been a cinch had I brought (and known that I could use) a calculator. As it was, we had to figure out a payroll for nine people, the hours for each person and day of the week spread across the page, with hourly rates like $12.583, 11.627 and $15.049. We had to compute who earned the most, the least, the mean and the median wage earned for the week--and then the test went into cost of living percentages increase and taxes! Need I say that it was pretty brutal calculating all of that by hand and that I used up my scratch paper and dulled my pencils. Yikes.

My son burned me the new Evanesence CD. My favorite songs on it are “Like You” and “Lose Control” but the whole thing is good even the unnamed five tracks at the end.

Have a Monday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yeesh...I hate math and am TERRIBLE at it.

Hope you did well on the test. Keep us posted!

And I'm glad you liked the new CD....I think it's pretty darn awesome! ;)

7:17 AM  
Blogger katie said...

I haven't heard the new cd, I will have to check it out. I certainly love her voice though.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you about the exam, I'm sure you did great!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

I love math, but even that sounds like a bit much in the middle of a test!! I hope you did well.

I'd get lost on a copier beyond the fact taht the stuff you need copied goes in the top and the copies come out underneath after you hit the big green button.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Restless Angel said...

I'm horrible with math... that'd be a nightmare for me, LOL.

New Evanesence is good then? Hmm... may have to consider gettin' it......

9:21 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yikes, i'd fail :((

I love Evanesence :)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Amy Lee rocks!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home