Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Too much of a good thing

Back to work today. Yesterday it almost seemed like the START of another weekend. Why is it that for long weekends it seems like there should be even more days off? Last week at work it seemed like a longer week, too, even though it was only four days. Very weird.

I had a nice Monday off. Mom and I went shopping. She had wanted to go and I got in the mood too. In fact I got a little too much in the mood! For someone who used to be so frugal and not shop except at rummage sales and thrift stores--I've changed my ways. This isn't necessarily a good thing!

Mom bought some blouses, while I bought two pair of jeans and a jean jacket. Before that I bought a coffee table and two end tables. They will be delivered on Thursday and I'll have to run home from work to let the delivery people in. My son normally does that type of thing because his work is later but now he's in school all day and at work at night.

The coffee table and end tables are round and (for some reason) remind me of the Jetsons, that futuristic animated couple from a long time ago on TV. The tables have a retro feeling, like back in the 50's, my son will hate them. They have a shelf below the top and are on casters for easy moving. They're in a dark brown to match the wood beams in the living room. I can't wait to see them there, the furniture is nice but still looks incomplete with no coffee or end tables. I'm just hoping that THREE tables in the same style aren't going to be too much of a good thing. If so, I can just move one or both of the end tables elsewhere, like down in the basement family room.

Well, Happy Tuesday to you, hope you have a good week!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oooo...I love furniture shoppping! :)

7:07 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I've experience those long short-weeks too.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Just got caught up---the tables sound nice. You can drape your jeans over one of them, just to break up the monotony

3:38 PM  
Blogger Rainypete said...

Those tables sound crazy retro.

9:11 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

I'm sure they'll look just right. And Sonny with just have to deal with it.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oooo new stuff! Sounds like fun :o)

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home