Tuesday, August 29, 2006

One bag of popcorn for lunch and dinner

Well, yesterday was a great Monday for once. I had a nice birthday, a day of doing whatever I wanted. What I wanted included sleeping in later than normal, shopping (but didn't buy), a movie, only a large bag of popcorn for both lunch and dinner, a library visit to read the current magazines, several homemade carmel lattes, and watching "Martha" and "Ellen" while listening to NIN. That last was pretty surreal!

I had the music from the CD turned up and the captions turned on the TV so I could read what they were saying. I love to have the captions option turned on the TV. It drives other people nuts, though, but nobody was home to see it. I did have a woman knock on the deck door, which is right outside of the living room. I suppose she may have already knocked on my front door and I hadn't heard her. She was looking for a certain car to buy but was two blocks from the actual destination. She looked like the photos of Ms. Mac, which went right along with the weirdness--it would have been very odd to have Ms. Mac at my door! But nice, I have to quickly add...I haven't met any bloggers in real life.

Yep, I feel much better today even though it's a work day. At the library I got several self-help books. One of them is a kind of course of actions and writings, so I've been doing that. My hair actually looks better because I put some blonde streaks in it. THANKS, to the one who suggested that! So things are looking up, and it's Tuesday already, have a good one.

11 Comments:

Blogger Fizzy said...

I didn't know it was your birthday ...sorry.

Happy Belated Birthday
I am glad you are happier with your hair. I had a disaster with my hair a while back (a brown dye turned it black) I treated my self to higlights -something I have never done before- I am really happy with the results too.
I hope your week continues to be good

6:19 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

I am glad you had a nice birthday.

And that you are feeling better.

:)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Glad you had a good birthday. And a healthy meal, ha,ha..

8:57 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

I haven't met any bloggers in real life either, well except for my friends that all started blogging because I told them too. I would love to meet some of the people I read, including you!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

No was definitely not shopping for cars in your area. And I promise, if I ever am in the area, I'll call before turning up.

"They" say that everyone has a double somewhere in the world. I pity mine.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

Oh and happy belated birthday to you! Glad it was a good 'un!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I hope you had a good birthday, PBS
You must excuse my feebleheadedness
I read your clue
Didn't know what to do
Now I've landed myself in this terrible mess.

9:04 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Glad to hear you had a nice bday and sorry to have missed it! :)

I wish I would have stopped by earlier- the popcorn for dinner sounds like a good idea!

Great news on the hair too. Sometimes a bit of color can spruce things up quite a bit. Just remember, it will always grow back! :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger BarbaraMG said...

Well I thought I had left a comment here earlier...
Anyway. Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I havbe added you too. :)

11:26 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

I think I forgot to say Happy Birthday also...have some good days at work and hope you are still in the running for the other job.

3:23 AM  
Blogger Katya Coldheart said...

glad you had a great birthday, wouldn't that have been weird if it have been a blogger on your doorstep, i think i'd faint...lol

:0)

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home