Saturday, September 09, 2006

new addition to the living room



As Rainy Pete requested, here is a photo of my new tables. It's a stock photo from the Web site, so doesn't really show how they look in my living room. Much better than the photo, actually! The silver trim and legs on the tables look so nice resting on the (light gray running through the mostly white) carpet. And the tables look good with the taupe leather couch and chair too. Wish I could show you! When my son comes home I'll try to borrow his camera and take a photo of the (unfinished) living room.

I'm debating what sort of curtains or drapes would look good. I loved the look of the white blinds in the apartment, but those blinds could not be cut down enough to fit these smaller windows. So the blinds are installed on the outside of the windows. I don't like the look, it looks like a porch or something, too sloppy and casual. So the choices are to either buy all new, smaller blinds and rehang them, or put drapes over the windows to conceal the blind's edges hanging over the windows. Not sure which I would prefer, but I do like the airy look of white blinds against white walls.

So those are the burning issues that I'm dealing with today. Also, if that Canadian company offers me the new job, should I take it? I'd be on probation for three months, the lowest person in the department and most apt to be laid off. I have no record with them, while in my present company, I do, four years worth--six, if you count the time I temped for them.

See, the thing is, and I'm almost embarrassed to admit this after some of the things I've said: I kinda LIKE my job now! It's sort of like being at an event every day, and events have always been my favorite thing about this job. I sit in the front and deal with everyone and anything that comes into our office. I have to admit it, but I'm kind of loving it!

OK, I don't like the loss of privacy and my office with a door and a window and a place to hang my coat and put my shoes, my two office plants (which I miss) and some other things like having my own bulletin board and space for personal stuff. It was an adjustment because everything is public when sitting out at the reception desk. Anything I'm doing on the computer can be seen by anyone who steps into the room, I can't have personal stuff on my desk (no room) and phone calls are overheard by anyone in the two open rooms adjacent to the reception area. And people are usually in at least one of those two rooms!

Anyway, a lot to think about. But then, again, the other company may not offer me the job either. So, off to do errands and look at drapes! Have a great weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Dems snazzy lookin tables.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

Those are nice tables.

Sometimes you feel unapprecited where you work and then find out it couls be worse but if you atre not happy then go but if its a matter of adjusting then try that instead.
Its a Catch 22 situation.
Good luck

12:55 PM  
Blogger Frederick said...

very sleek

2:14 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Maybe write the pros and cons about your immediate job, then write the pros and cons about the Canadian one and see what you come up with.

Lovely classy tables :o)

6:50 PM  
Blogger BarbaraMG said...

I am one to go with the advice, "If it isn't broke don't fix it" so I think I would stay where I was.
The coffee tables are niiice!

10:08 PM  
Blogger sumo said...

I'm not into modern...but I find it all very attractive...surprised me.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I love curving shpes in furniture!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I love the tables! Very chic!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home