Tuesday, September 05, 2006

meme meme meme

Deni from Time to Tell had a great meme that she has so kindly passed along. So here it is.

1. Are you happy/satisfied with your blog with its content and look?

I like the black background, don't want a lot of frills. I might take my photo back off since I look a bit creepy in it.

2. Does your family know about your blog?

My son and Mom both both know about it. But Mom doesn't have computer access or interest. My son might have found the blog by now, hope not. As much as I love them both, I need a place to vent about the relationship occasionally.

3. Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing?

No, I'm not embarrassed by the blog and talk up the fun of blogging to friends, family and general acquaintences. A couple of people have asked for the address, but I've not given it out to anyone that I know in "real" life. It's a private thing, like my notebook journal.

4. Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself?

I have so little time that I often don't even make the blog rounds on my list. Once in a great while I'll explore other blogs and enjoy doing so. Usually the blogs I check out are linked on blogs that I already read regularly.

5. What does visitors counter mean to you? Do you care about putting it in your blog?

I had a counter on my old blog because I had the feeling it was being read at work--and I was right about that! My new blog doesn't have a counter as I think they're kind of sneaky and really don't like the idea of them.

6. Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?

Yes, I have matched each blogger that I read regularly with someone I know or knew in real life! Usually just because certain things they say remind me of someone or their writing style seems familiar. Quite often they turn out to look quite a bit like the person I know, too, a weird coincidence!

7. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging?

Oh yes, a huge benefit. I started using blogging in place of journaling but it has turned out to be so much more than that: educational, social, amusing, sad, so many emotions. The venting and complaining I do on my blog really helps to get it out and then to put things in perspective.

8. Do you think that bloggers society is isolated from real world or interacts with events?

Blogger's society is so much a part of the real world. It deepens and broadens my world. I often learn about events from reading blogs (example: Steve Irwin) before I hear about it on the news.

9. Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it's a normal thing?

I don't really take criticism that well, but am aware of that failing. I tend to think that unless someone is requesting blunt opinion, it's rather impolite to criticize. Unsolicited criticism might be a normal thing, but it's sort of rude.

10. Do you fear of some political blogs and avoid them?

I got into a political argument on a blog I used to read regularly, felt disrespected so have never gone back there. I'm not afraid of political blogs, just that many of them are really annoying, so what's the point of reading them? I'm interested in politics but think that both sides can be far too extreme and name-calling. There aren't very many political blogs that I like to read, there's one really good one that I read regularly.

11. Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?

Why, has somebody here gotten arrested? Or is this question referring to something in the news? I guess it would depend on what they were charged with and the circumstances.

12. Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die?

I have asked my son to go on my blog (to find it, if he hasn't already) and leave a note, if something should happen to me.

13. What do you like to hear? What's the song you like to put its link in your blog?

I listen to a wide variety of music but don't really want to put any of it on my blog.

14. Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts?

Yes, reading blogs has interested me, inspired me, evoked curiosity and emotion. The process of putting my thoughts down (nearly) every morning is theraputic and has a positive effect.

Five bloggers to be the next "victims"?
Magpie, Bikercandy, Heidi, Dale, Lorna, Katie
I haven't made blog rounds so please excuse me if you've already done this meme (or if you don't want to do it). Have a great day!

10 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

"Why, has somebody here gotten arrested?"

Not me! Not me!!! ;)

Great meme...I may steal it!

Loved your answers too...:)

6:32 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Loved your answers PBS, a very cool memememe!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Very cool! I will do it now...

8:44 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

OK. I'll do it, PB. I'll do it for you.

8:50 AM  
Blogger gal artist said...

Thanks for doing this, I loved your answers.

Especially the one about criticism, I really couldn't come up with an answer for that, but you hit the nail right on the head.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a brilliant Meme, I may steal it too! I loved your answers - especially the arrested one! Have a great day!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I've just posted today, but I'll put some thoughts together for tomorrow.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Queen on the run said...

Very interesting! I know I don't come here a lot. Sorry about that. As you tend to come to my blog often. I don't really get around much in bloggerville anymore at all. Tonight I happen to have some time and am glad I stopped in. I loved your answers to this meme! I also find blogging has helped me so much. Its not like a journal in the way that we get responses to what we write and often times find comfort in the words others leave for us.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Yes this meme is getting around.
Great answers and I like your blog and content.
They blogs we read are for the content not the frills.

8:46 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Interesting as usual.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home