Sunday, September 10, 2006

It's possible to have too much fun

It is possible to have too much fun, not during the actual fun part, but in suffering the aftermath. Today is such a day, ugh. I'm feeling rather unwell and a bit woozy. But last night was fun fun fun, so much fun that I didn't get home until 4:56 a.m. (yes, I had checked the exact time, because I'm so time-oriented) in the morning. I'd gotten up at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday and had a busy day of errands, Mom and shopping. Then, later at night some friends wanted to go out to hear a local rock band.

This morning I was awakened by the neighbor woman yelling commands to her dog at 9:00 a.m. too early, far too early. But so far I've showered, taken care of the animals and searched for that band's Web site--with no success. I just looked at the poster I got from them, and it's not on there either. I did notice that one of the guys put his phone number by his scrawled signature, ha ha! They tore that poster off the wall for us, because we asked for one. It was one of only two posters, the other was up behind the drummer.

I don't know why the band seemed to like us, maybe because we liked them, and they were an older band, around our age. Although to be honest, I had heard of them but knew nothing about them except that they're considered one of the better local bands. Anyway, the lead guitarist came down from the stage and played for me! I was thrilled and just a little embarrassed. He later went around and played for many others, but I was the first. Everyone at the table was nudging me and being annoying about it.

Later, after we had downed many pitchers, the lead guitarist came back, jumped up and stood on my table! I was alone at the table (adjacent to the others, of course) and it was a little, tippy but quite high up table that threatened to fall over with his rocking! I was desperately clutching on to the table so he wouldn't fall off and kill himself, so didn't enjoy the attention as much as I might have. Then, to my relief and to the others in my party's excitement, he stepped over on to their bigger table and played. I wish someone had videotaped it--my hanging on to the table instead of just enjoying the music. It had to look hilarious. Oh well.

The men of a drunken wedding party started passing people overhead on the dance floor, but it stopped soon because there wasn't a big enough crowd and some people were dropping the ball, so to speak. The band came over to us first at the first break but during later breaks they didn't. We were having fun passing notes at our tables, since the music was too loud to talk. We had a pen and one of those little yellow tablets and were laughing loudly at our own jokes and being pretty obnoxious in general. I would like to read that tablet now and see if some of those things were really all that funny!

So, did I go off into the sunrise with the lead guitarist? None, some little drunken college chicky snagged him shortly after his table performance for us. She just went up to him during the last break, put her arms around him and stayed there. They went off together hand in hand without a backward glance. It was just as well as I'm not into, um, moving things along quite that quickly, and our last conversation from him standing on my table didn't count as a great getting-to-know-you activity.

We all went out to eat, where I found out that a friend's new guy graduated from the same (small, rural) high school that I did! But not the same class (or I would have known him) small world. We talked over coffee for hours, which was a good thing because I was one of the drivers and had to get back over the interstate bridge.

So today I'm downing a pot of coffee and have raided my son's Reese's Peanut Butter Cups that he keeps for his girlfriend. I feel better already, have a great day!


Blogger Grant said...

Sounds like you had fun. Good thing you have today to recover.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a blast! You have to love Sundays :o)
(and peanut butter cups!!)

7:42 PM  
Blogger LucyMama said...


9:26 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I am sitting here reading your blog eating Reese's Peanuy Butter Cups! Yummmy!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Magpie said...

wow thats a night out and a half, glad you had a great time...


2:10 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What a fantastic night out...sounds like you all had a complete ball! I can almost picture the expression on your face while you held onto the table while his legs were practically in your face lol

I'm amazed that you didn't feel more like crap the next morning though...very impressive! lol

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home